Verizon extending Droid X early upgrade program to more customers

wsbsteven

Reaction score
Turns out it just matters who you talk to. I got a Droid on launch day and was able to get a Droid X for the 2 year price today. It will arrive on Monday.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How the heck are they doing that cuz the lady was tryna do it and said she could nt. I wonder if its something they have to do on their end, because the lady kept trying to do it by logging into my verizon account and ordering it.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
How the heck are they doing that cuz the lady was tryna do it and said she could nt. I wonder if its something they have to do on their end, because the lady kept trying to do it by logging into my verizon account and ordering it.

No clue, the lady I got seemed to be extremely confident in her ability to get whatever she wanted and only gave me a slim chance the order would be rejected. The only catch was I had to ordered it right then so I couldn't get it from the store.

mrZoSo

Reaction score
Called 3 times and talked to 4 different people and they all said the I was unable to get the upgrade pricing. They also said they couldn't understand how people with one line and 2 year contracts ending in 2011 are able to get them either, unless they added a line.

scott9050

Reaction score
I have an upgrade available 9-21-10 and my wife called a rep a little while ago and we were denied an upgrade to the X. I am a bit miffed about it because her Tour just crapped out and we need her to have a smart phone for her job.

JasonU

Reaction score
Has anyone actually received the mailing they supposedly sent out on 7/15? I haven't called in to CS yet, but the local stores are out of stock, so no joy in upgrading there. Our dates are 9/2011 and 11/2011 and I'd like to get an X and my wife a Droid or Incredible, but I'm not seeing encouraging comments in this thread... :-/

Droid Legion

Reaction score
Has anyone actually received the mailing they supposedly sent out on 7/15? I haven't called in to CS yet, but the local stores are out of stock, so no joy in upgrading there. Our dates are 9/2011 and 11/2011 and I'd like to get an X and my wife a Droid or Incredible, but I'm not seeing encouraging comments in this thread... :-/
Verizon allowed me to upgrade to an X a month early, but this is not uncommon.

Now my daughter wants an X and her Blackberry upgrade isn't until October. I've called *611 three times and each time they said "nope".

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and email in hopes a workaround comes to light.

Pathos

Reaction score
Okay I'm gonna step in and squash this now. Both have valid post..but nerdkill just let it be. Vulcan has a valid point. The person that leaked this could be terminated. Not for content, as anyone could walk into a store and find this out tomorrow. The promotion has been going on. What Vulcan is talking about is snapping pics. That is a no no. Respect his opinion on this matter. As we respect yours.

Thanks
Mojo
Sorry that I cannot resist giving my $0.02. Nerdkill is pointing out hypocrisy (sorry Vulcan). Although you have a right to have your opinion respected, you said that the Verizon employee deserves to be fired. However, you say that you have speeded in your vehicle (75 in a 60 or whatever), but you do not say that you deserve a ticket. You recognize the risk (of course, we all do when we speed or break rules at work), but you judge the Verizon employee when others do not.

Anyway, I promise to keep my mouth shut. I do no appreciate hypocrisy or moderators that squash a civil discussion. Perhaps advice to take to PMs would suffice. I do appreciate the intent of the input of all involved though. We probably understand the intent even though the words are not exact.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
again guys my source read that post and this thread and has told me that he will no longer share with me if it is gonna cause an issue for him. so this type of thing hurts all of the Df user base IMHO.

Having said the the VZW employees can get termed if they find out who and that is why all of my stuff is edited for content. I do not hink the employees should be termed but its a VZW policy....

As far as being hypocritical I have been in my life as well as others have been. I can only hope everyone here agrees the the VZW employees should (and will) remain nameless.

I will not go any farther with this as the post was pointed out to me and Vulcan as well as EVERY member here has a right to their opinion. Just keep it friendly and on topic and all is well

stuatc

Reaction score
VZW Rep explained to me upgrade

I was able to order the X using an early upgrade on my wifes line. I was told that as long as we met the 12/31 contract date AND we were going from a non-smartphone to a smartphone the early upgrade will be approved. She has an Envy3 currently so I was able to get the X using her Aug 28th upgrade and I can then switch to my line once it arrives in the mail.

JasonU

Reaction score
Well, called in today, and no luck. I mentioned all the keywords - NBA, High Value, etc. The rep certainly did make a good effort, she put me on hold to talk to "Customer Care" to see if anything could be done, but in the end said no.

I take it no one has received this mysterious mailer either?

electric turd

Reaction score
Well, called in today, and no luck. I mentioned all the keywords - NBA, High Value, etc. The rep certainly did make a good effort, she put me on hold to talk to "Customer Care" to see if anything could be done, but in the end said no.

I take it no one has received this mysterious mailer either?

I may try, when is your actual end of contract/early upgrade date?

JasonU

Reaction score
9/2011 and 11/2011.

Other folks in this thread say they've received upgrade pricing on the DX with dates that far out. It's just hit or miss.

tony1208

Reaction score
I called up vzw at launch date of the X around 6pm and mentioned nba upgrade and got it ..they were sold out of course..but mine is being shipped the 23rd which is tomorrow..called up to confirm the shipping and the rep said the 23rd it will be shipped. I sure hope it comes Saturday haha

hapster

Reaction score
I checked the website, and it says 6 mos until my renewal date on this line, but the DX -- and several other phones actually -- were available at upgrade prices now. I'm sticking with my current Droid for now tho.

Sent from my Droid