Verizon 3G Upgrade Details Leaked!

supersaki

Reaction score
Because those are the rules of the promo my friend. Any other upgrade it would be just fine. This is a promo.

i'm not picking here just asking. but what is keeping me from going on line and swapping the phone what will happen?
It will only allow you to go back to the previous ESN on the account.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I find it highly unlikely that it will restrict you to only your previous phone.

I bet you just have to do 'buddy upgrades' the old fashioned way.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If I read that right, I can't use my sons eligible upgrade and then swap the phone to my line. I wonder how that will be monitored.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What I wanna know is how the hell you guys got this promo guide 15 minutes before it reached my work email. haha

Any questions guys gimmie a shout

Same here! Haha! Just tells me that all of these leaks aren't from just reps..probably higher up in the ladder.

dustin4863

Reaction score
i'm not picking here just asking. but what is keeping me from going on line and swapping the phone what will happen?
It will only allow you to go back to the previous ESN on the account.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I find it highly unlikely that it will restrict you to only your previous phone.

I bet you just have to do 'buddy upgrades' the old fashioned way.

yeah thats what i figured

Dyerseve

Reaction score
I spoke to a Verizon rep today online who told me as long as your upgrade eligible (NE2 or Early upgrade) you'll be able to order the X.. But at the same time he also told me they're not doing pre-orders on the X (which I saw BestBuy was so I just may go there)

bassjason

Reaction score
ok so I have a droid on a 2 year contract from Dec 2009. How much will it cost to upgrade to a Droid X?

T6D16C84

Reaction score
So, I have spoken with 4 verizon reps and not one knew what I was talking about when I asked about this upgrade program, weird.....

kckevin

Reaction score
So this "early upgrade" is at most 6 weeks early (based on Droid X launch day). If your contract expires 12/31/2010 then you would be eligible for a NE2 upgrade on 8/31/2010 without the promotion. That would be roughly 6 weeks from Droid X launch day to when you were supposed to be eligible. I can't imagine that this promotion will help very many people.

How many people read the press release and are going to head off to a VZW store to pickup the Droid X on July 15 (and possibly wait in line for that privilege) only to find out they either need to cough up $600 or wait until their NE2 eligibility kicks in.

Sounds like a carefully worded PR stunt.

And yes I'm bitter because my upgrade date is 10/15/2010 but my contract date is 2/15/2011. If VZW wants to beat the guys out of Cupertino then they should open this up to more people.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So this "early upgrade" is at most 6 weeks early (based on Droid X launch day). If your contract expires 12/31/2010 then you would be eligible for a NE2 upgrade on 8/31/2010 without the promotion. That would be roughly 6 weeks from Droid X launch day to when you were supposed to be eligible. I can't imagine that this promotion will help very many people.

How many people read the press release and are going to head off to a VZW store to pickup the Droid X on July 15 (and possibly wait in line for that privilege) only to find out they either need to cough up $600 or wait until their NE2 eligibility kicks in.

And yes I'm bitter because my upgrade date is 10/15/2010 but my contract date is 2/15/2011. If VZW wants to beat the guys out of Cupertino then they should open this up to more people.

NE2s aren't eligible for the early upgrade

kckevin

Reaction score

If you have past your NE2 date you do not need to use the promotion since you are eligible no matter what.

The point that I'm trying to make is that the earliest that anyone would be able to pick up a Droid X would be 6 weeks early. If someone's contact was due to expire on Nov 15 then their NE2 would be in effect on July 15 and they would not need to use the early upgrade promotion. The only people that would get any benefit out the promotion are those with contracts (not upgrade dates) expiring Nov 16 to Dec 31.

If I'm mistaken on any of this please let me know.

zatchmo

Reaction score

If you have past your NE2 date you do not need to use the promotion since you are eligible no matter what.

The point that I'm trying to make is that the earliest that anyone would be able to pick up a Droid X would be 6 weeks early. If someone's contact was due to expire on Nov 15 then their NE2 would be in effect on July 15 and they would not need to use the early upgrade promotion. The only people that would get any benefit out the promotion are those with contracts (not upgrade dates) expiring Nov 16 to Dec 31.

If I'm mistaken on any of this please let me know.

I actually hope you're right, because through a series of unfortunate events with a storm, I happen to have a contract expiring between those dates, but am not eligible for a NE2 upgrade until march or april. I may have to jump on this. I was going to wait for the Droid Pro, but I'm not sure that it will be released in time.

zatchmo

Reaction score
EDIT: I guess it doesn't matter, I will be annual upgrade eligible so it's useless to me too. I guess I happen to have a case where it would have made sense to be able to use this program, but due to my price plan it doesn't matter.

Valle

Reaction score
Well since i can upgrade on 8/12 i assume I'm elligable for an early upgrade. But wouldn't it make sense to wait and take advantage of the new every 2 discount as well as the 2 year contract discount?

I've seen a few talking about doing an early upgrade when their contract is up in a month. Why not wait and take advantage of the extra discount? I mean no hurry unless the X has the same problem as the HTC did with very little stock and everywhere being sold out for months.