Verizon 3G Upgrade Details Leaked!

szeewon

Reaction score
I'm on my sister's Verizon employee plan and I don't have an upgrade until 1/4/11. Other phones on the plan are eligible on 10/30 and 11/29. Is there any way for me to upgrade early??

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
@LARRY: There have been early reports from people who have the X in hand that the battery life is actually a lot better than the Droid.

Well if that's so, then I must say that Moto has made some improvements. I'm personally not that impressed with my own battery life.

Obviously there is no long-term real world usage reports as of yet. But here is a quote from Phonescoop.com reviewer:

I don't have quite enough data to share at this point. What I can say is that I received the phone with an 80% charge at 2PM. After heavy use, the Droid X still had 50% at 11PM. That's not bad at all, though I hadn't synced email. Today, I left the house at 5AM with a full charge. After 9 hours of email, Twitter, etc., it still has 70% charge.

Doesn't say if he even adjusted any of the setting on the installed battery management app yet either.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm on my sister's Verizon employee plan and I don't have an upgrade until 1/4/11. Other phones on the plan are eligible on 10/30 and 11/29. Is there any way for me to upgrade early??

Only if she'll let you use one of the other upgrade dates.
It's totally up to her since she's the account owner.

szeewon

Reaction score

Only if she'll let you use one of the other upgrade dates.
It's totally up to her since she's the account owner.

Oh I actually meant, would I be able to use one of those upgrades earlier? Like, use the 10/30 or 11/29 to get an early upgrade when the droid X comes out? I was thinking not, since it's an employee plan, but I saw on the release that "employee liables" are eligible, and I have no idea what that means.

chico2130

Reaction score
Does this apply if you pre ordered the droid with best buy. I got my Moto droid on launch day back in November would I be eligible.

Gamer03

Reaction score
After reading the first post, I still don't understand the eligibility. Here are my details:

• I am one of the add-a-lines on a Nationwide FS plan (I have a BB Storm 2 for my line)
  • The contract ends on March 16, 2011
  • I am eligible (on my line) for upgrade discounts on November 16, 2010
Am I eligible to get new two year contract pricing on July 15 when the Droid X comes out, or do I have to pay full price?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your upgrade date is ANYTIME in 2010, you can get the $199 price for the Droid X. Doesn't matter who you bought it from or which line you are, just as long as your upgrade date is this year.

poppa fister

Reaction score
After reading the posts, still a little confused. My New Every Two is up tomorrow and I want to get a droid (eris, droid, incredible). What will this do for me, went into Verizon today and the eris was still available. Asked a question in my intro, can I get my Army AKO email on these phones???

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you think the Droid X is hot, just wait until the Droid 2 comes out, the true predecessor to a already great phone in the Droid. Around the time it is release, it will probably be running the new dual core processor that phone carriers are starting to work on or even the 2GHz processor that Moto saids they will have in their first phone by the end of this year.

What does that mean for battery life, well nothing good as the screen sizes keep getting larger as well. But nevertheless I have a filling that the Droid 2 will take phone technology to a whole new level. Look at what the Droid has done for Android, surely we can't think that Moto plans on going backwards after producing two great Android phones.

Droid 2 specs have been confirmed. There is a video of one sitting right next to the original Droid. Wait until the end of the year or early next year for the rumored dual core cpu, but it will not be the Droid 2.

Gamer03

Reaction score
If your upgrade date is ANYTIME in 2010, you can get the $199 price for the Droid X. Doesn't matter who you bought it from or which line you are, just as long as your upgrade date is this year.

I originally read that if your contract ends in 2010, then you can get the new price. I didn't know if the upgrade eligibility applied to the new Droid X or not. Thanks for your help, JhankG.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

I originally read that if your contract ends in 2010, then you can get the new price. I didn't know if the upgrade eligibility applied to the new Droid X or not. Thanks for your help, JhankG.

As it stands now it is only if your contract ends in 2010 you can upgrade early. There apparently was some confusion because at the press conference they said they were accelerating upgrades and people assumed it meant annual upgrades as well. What they were referring to but didn't make clear is that it was their 3G smartphone upgrade promotion.

Of course something may change between now and 7/15.

B

budmonster

My contract ends 02/01/11 and my upgradeisn't until 11/20/10, so I'm **** outta luck, right? Anyway around it?

RoccoP

Reaction score
I have a quick question. Is any reason why I should wait for the additional 11 days to pass before getting the Droid X. When I bring up my account it says the following:

"You will be eligible to upgrade your phone at discounted pricing on 7/26/10 and will be eligible to receive an additional New Every Two discount on 7/26/10"

Are there any advantages to waiting until the 26th to upgrade or it really does not matter. I would hate to loose something either discount wise or a buy 1 get one free if it would be available to me if I just wait the 11 days.

--Rocco--

soulpatch

Reaction score
Talk to your local store Rocco... They shoudl apply the NE2 discount on the 15th for you as it is only a few days. VZW is normally pretty good about those types of things...