Verizon to make FRG22 the official DROID 2.2 OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

usranger80

Reaction score
personally i dont think it is facebook. my battery went to heck when i updated from FRF84B to FRG01B. now i am on FRG22 with the new FB app and it seems about the same as 01B. I use FB a decent amount and even then in my battery usage it is only about 2%, less then LauncherPro

Look at the post above, tiz confirmed.

Postnsons

Reaction score
Am I right to assume "sideload" with a file manager means simply downloading to my droid and then open it up with my file manager?

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I right to assume "sideload" with a file manager means simply downloading to my droid and then open it up with my file manager?

yes. let me rephrase that in the OP

tonydelite

Reaction score
personally i dont think it is facebook. my battery went to heck when i updated from FRF84B to FRG01B. now i am on FRG22 with the new FB app and it seems about the same as 01B. I use FB a decent amount and even then in my battery usage it is only about 2%, less then LauncherPro

The new Facebook app doesn't show high battery use in the battery status page, but it prevents the phone from sleeping properly. The increased battery use shows up as Phone Idle on my Droid.

bishop

Reaction score
ahhh. still not much of a drain though. phone idle is at 9% but hey, every little bit helps

usranger80

Reaction score

The new Facebook app doesn't show high battery use in the battery status page, but it prevents the phone from sleeping properly. The increased battery use shows up as Phone Idle on my Droid.

Use "spare parts", and look at the partial wake usage option.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
assuming this is all true, which it's looking more and more like that's the case, I find it very odd that they had this build, yet STILL pushed out 01b

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
assuming this is all true, which it's looking more and more like that's the case, I find it very odd that they had this build, yet STILL pushed out 01b

Specially when the build came out the same day….but keep in mind that even this build has changed, i.e. voice search fixed.

Google doesn't play by the rules, I guess. If you make a change in a version then you should give it a new version number. At least that's how everybody else does it.

usranger80

Reaction score
Maybe they just wanted to push something out on the 3rd like they said they would and 22 hadnt been tested enough, of course that is all speculation, but who knows.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe they just wanted to push something out on the 3rd like they said they would and 22 hadnt been tested enough, of course that is all speculation, but who knows.

i'm sure that's at least part of it, especially given that sprint was waving the Evo in their face about getting 2.2

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Great and I have had the 22 build for the last few hours and loving it .
Had one glitch but I think it was a compatibility with a App (Word Mix Lite) that caused it , begin getting slower and slower then froze , had to do a battery pull , rebooted and nothing else has happened as of yet . :)

Schoat333

Reaction score
The battery drain issue is odd because I did not have a problem with he new FB on FR84B. My battery was only down to 70% after 16 hours.

Yesterday I installed FRG22 and now My battery is down to 40% in just 8 hours with minimal use. Maybe this is a combination of FB with FRG22?

GrillMouster

Reaction score
For those of you with Spare Parts (free in the market) to go Battery History, then tap on the top menu and select "Partial wake usage". When I did this it showed the Facebook app was on par for usage with Android System. I had Facebook set to never refresh and to not sync. So, it would only sync when I actually opened the app. It still ran in the background while I though the phone was asleep. Not good. I'll keep an eye out on this forum for someone to announce when FB issues an update that fixes this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.