Verizon Phone call Yesterday

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope it works. I've seen threads about data problems may be partly due to the phone itself, meaning even a replacement Bionic might work.

That being said, I'm sure the Nexus will work for you.

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
Hope it works. I've seen threads about data problems may be partly due to the phone itself, meaning even a replacement Bionic might work.

That being said, I'm sure the Nexus will work for you.

This is my 2nd Bionic. I feel like if I have to flash my phone just to get it to work properly it ain't worth it. I love this phone but if it dosent work properly I have ti exchange it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah well, I'm still on my original Bionic (gotten in September) on .905 and have never had a problem with 4G. It may be that I live in San Diego, one of the first cities to get 4G.

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
Ah well, I'm still on my original Bionic (gotten in September) on .905 and have never had a problem with 4G. It may be that I live in San Diego, one of the first cities to get 4G.

Im in the bay area. We have strong connection over here also

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Given that, I'd be surprised if the Nexus doesn't work.

Good luck.

striker85

Reaction score
Motorola will drop the bionic after Ics. but it is still a solid contender. The reality of the problems though, is that verizon is still learning to cope with switching there's 3g network to 4g. Software does play an issue but verizon is really to blame with their hasty and ill planned network transition. Sure you can get 1 of the new phones, but it really won't solve your problem. I have a feeling that I will be holding onto my bionic for quite some time; it does everything I ask it too and doesn't complain, and with the ics leak that i am running it is as stable as ever.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Yep the bionic with ics combined with the lap dock is pretty amazing. It doesn't play 1080p video very well though, but 720p is stellar. That's my only gripe with the whole setup

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Tominnh

Reaction score
Rolling back to 905 and saying screw it.... I'll wait for official ICS

Motorola will drop the bionic after Ics. but it is still a solid contender. The reality of the problems though, is that verizon is still learning to cope with switching there's 3g network to 4g. Software does play an issue but verizon is really to blame with their hasty and ill planned network transition. Sure you can get 1 of the new phones, but it really won't solve your problem. I have a feeling that I will be holding onto my bionic for quite some time; it does everything I ask it too and doesn't complain, and with the ics leak that i am running it is as stable as ever.

I'm going to roll back to 905.... For some reason I am getting all sorts of spam and the screen is acting very strange. Opens apps that I don't touch etc etc . Done playing around with this. If ICS comes Fine if not Fine.. Cant wait to dump Motorola....! Considering dumping Verizon all together..... They are less than helpful!

nateohio

Reaction score
Tominnh said:
I'm going to roll back to 905.... For some reason I am getting all sorts of spam and the screen is acting very strange. Opens apps that I don't touch etc etc . Done playing around with this. If ICS comes Fine if not Fine.. Cant wait to dump Motorola....! Considering dumping Verizon all together..... They are less than helpful!

Did you do a cache or data wipe? restore any data from a previous backup?

It sounds like you may have restored user or app data and you're getting conflicts

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
Verizon screwed up big time with me today. They sent me another Bionic instead of the Nexus and sent me 2 HTC Rezound batterys with it lol. I called them and they are sending me a nexus again. Hopefully they dont screw this up.

darrick04

Reaction score
It isn't the phone... I received my 2nd Bionic, and data drops are worse than before, in VERY strong 4G signal areas. When it works I get nearly 38mbps down and 20mbps up. When it doesn't work, none of that matters. Irritating, but I am still waiting for OTA ICS.

Reaction score
darrick04 said:
It isn't the phone... I received my 2nd Bionic, and data drops are worse than before, in VERY strong 4G signal areas. When it works I get nearly 38mbps down and 20mbps up. When it doesn't work, none of that matters. Irritating, but I am still waiting for OTA ICS.

I have the same problems with my Bionic. They way I get over my woes with data drops is I pushed 6.7.232 through the Motorola Bootloader. The nice thing about .232 is that you always have the opportunity to go back to 5.9.905. It's so official that you have to have your phone completely stock when you push it. Then when it comes time to get the OTA update, just use RSDLite to SFB your phone with the 5.9.905 FXZ file. I jumped the gun early and ended up going back to .905 prematurely and I instantly got my same ol' data drops every 5-15 minutes. Just some food for thought.

nomadh

Reaction score
Im in sd also. I get some data drops where it just checks out for a few minutes. Sometimes happening many times within an hour or so. Maybe once a week that I catch it. Other times the connection seems to have gone to sleep. It catches on in 10 secs and then its pretty good. Every so often it just drops and stays that way until a full shut down. So mine is mostly functional. Many times the problem comes specifically when I go to show someone else something online just to really make me look like an idiot. I hope ics fixes that.