bionic died today

steve44618

Reaction score
my bionic lost all data today and never came back ,called verizon they tried a few things but still no data, so they offered me a rezound or a razr, didnt even ask me if i wanted another bionic, which one should i take or should i just get a bionic agin?

dzone67

Reaction score
I love my Rezound. Have you checked out any of the phones personally?

Sent from a Rezound!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. Try the different phones in you hands. Also go to the other phone's forums and see that they're saying. Some of the data issue is due to Verison and effects all the 4G phones in one way or another.

cybric

Reaction score
It looks like moto and vz have abandoned the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

HavoC

Reaction score
my bionic lost all data today and never came back ,called verizon they tried a few things but still no data, so they offered me a rezound or a razr, didnt even ask me if i wanted another bionic, which one should i take or should i just get a bionic agin?

Data drops are a regular thing with the bionic, I'm not sure if it is or isn't with the other phones. I got my Bionic off contract and love it, but I would still take a RAZR or Rezound as a replacement in a heartbeat lol.

I would probably go with the Rezound over the RAZR, simply due to the ability to unlock the bootloader. With an unlocked bootloader, you'll have an easier time flashing Roms and will probably have more Roms to choose from because unlocked bootloaders are much easier for the devs to work with.

Now with all that being said if you don't have any interest in flashing custom Roms, then I would do as others have said and try both out in a Verizon store for a few minutes to see which one you prefer.

Last edited:
OP
steve44618

steve44618

Reaction score
tried to get them to replace it with the razr maxx but that was a no go ,i am leaning towards the razr but not sure about the battery,my bionic has the extended battery and lasts forever

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
tried to get them to replace it with the razr maxx but that was a no go ,i am leaning towards the razr but not sure about the battery,my bionic has the extended battery and lasts forever

I suggest going over to the Razr forum and see what tricks they're doing. I do know that since you can't do a battery pull, if the Razr becomes unresponsive you press Power and Volume Down for 10 seconds.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks like moto and vz have abandoned the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Doubtful. If you look on Verizon's website, the Bionic is basically rated just as good as the Razr; and it has a lot more reviews. A 4/5 star phone with >1800 reviews is not a bad device. We get a skewed negative view of devices in forums because places like this are where people come to report problems. But the Bionic is still selling very well. It would be stupid of them to abandon it. It's basically a slightly slower Razr with a removeable battery and greater thickness.

WA_Bob

Reaction score
Data drops are a regular thing with the bionic, I'm not sure if it is or isn't with the other phones. I got my Bionic off contract and love it, but I would still take a RAZR or Rezound as a replacement in a heartbeat lol.

I would probably go with the Rezound over the RAZR, simply due to the ability to unlock the bootloader. With an unlocked bootloader, you'll have an easier time flashing Roms and will probably have more Roms to choose from because unlocked bootloaders are much easier for the devs to work with.

Now with all that being said if you don't have any interest in flashing custom Roms, then I would do as others have said and try both out in a Verizon store for a few minutes to see which one you prefer.

+1 on Pick them up and see which feels best to you.

IMO Moto hardware is great, but the Razr has the battery life of the Thunderbolt from all I've heard. The Rezound has the option of the extended battery if battery life is your more important need.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I wish I was; offered a razr... I haven't had any issues with my bionic though. I am curious as to why Verizon is offering other top phones. Are they just trying to get rid of the excess because the gnex and maxx came out? Any who, I'd look into both phones. If you get that HTC.... can I have the ear phones? Lol j/k

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I dumped my Bionic for the Rezound last week. Data has been bulletproof. HTC Sense is decidedly different from Blur (not better or worse, just different). I actually prefer the form factor better on the Rezound as the beveled edges and slightly narrower profile make it easier in hand. I was also offerred the Razr. I rejected it because:

1. Battery life is an issue on all 4G phones and the Razr has no option for extra battery or extended battery (I'm an extra battery guy - I don't like to destroy the form factor); and

2. I don't trust Motorola. They've dodged and weaved on the Bionic issues for almost 5 months and still haven't been forthcoming. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I can't imagine ever voluntarily signing up for another Motorola device.

OP
steve44618

steve44618

Reaction score
this was the first time i ever called about a problem with my bionic i did have some data problems but nothin airplane mode didnt fix, but friday data wouldnt come back,called verizon and they was really trying to push the htc on me never even really tried to trouble shoot my bionic just checked some settings and that was it,then told me i could have the rezound as a replacement,but i would have to buy a battery and battery cover for it ,so i went to the local verizon store and played with the rezound and razr , i went home and called veirzon back and told them to send me the razr,will be here monday i hope i made the right choice !!!

Graymayre

Reaction score
I had some serious issues with data connectivity with my Bionic in the beginning. Although extremely frustration, I was patient, like I had been just waiting for its release, and I acquired the 901 update file. I used the permaroot method and installed 901, and I have had no issues whatsoever since. It has become rock solid, and the battery would last thru a 10 hour work day on 4g with the regular battery. Longer than that on data saver. Now I can say I love my Bionic and patience was rewarded.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.