Verizon Phone call Yesterday

Mike8016

Reaction score
So i called Verizon explaining my data connection problems with my Bionic. I was trying to tell them ever since the .905 update my data has been dropping consistently. I already had a replacement bionic for a cracked screen and told them i did a factory reset already. They tried offering me the Razr but i refused i wanted the Nexus instead. So know there going to investigate the situation in my area supposedly. I don't think these idiots understand its a software issue. Basically i am stuck with these data issues unless the ICS update comes soon. I have a friend though who works with Verizon and hooked it up when my screen cracked. (i didnt pay a deducible) Should i just ask him to send me a nexus instead?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
You could just upgrade to ics. No data drops since I've been on it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my experience with the nexus if your dropping data now just wait. that is why mine sits in dresser drawer. they are great phones if you live in a strong signal area. .. just keep calling verzion they may eventually give in

nateohio

Reaction score
YOu're not stuck, you can upgrade to one if the ics leaks

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
BroidDrionic said:
You could just upgrade to ics. No data drops since I've been on it.

For reference my wife still gets awful data drops on 905

nateohio

Reaction score
BroidDrionic said:
For reference my wife still gets awful data drops on 905

905 isn't ICS

jayman350

Reaction score
I would recommend trying out one of the ICS leaks (232 specifically so you can go back to GB if you need to) before wasting any more time fighting with VZW to send you something else. ICS on the Bionic is truly like having a totally different phone.

Give it a shot, You won't be disappointed, or if for whatever reason you are disappointed, then you just fxz back to 905 and then give VZW hell about getting a new phone.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I agree with the above. Data was horrible on 905, but very solid on 232.

Reaction score
I just recently FXZ'd back to. 905 in anticipation for the OTA and my data immediately started derping off like before. I always had a hunch it was software based even on .902. Thats why i stuck with it. Now i feel its pointless to wait for an OTA if my data wont stay on long enough to download it Most Verizon reps are less knowledge than someone who's come on here and read even just one post. Persistence and escalating to the right people are key in getting what you need through Verizon. Don't even bother with a store, just call 611 and get escalated to tech support. I guess back to .232 for me

virgil71468

Reaction score
.235 or even. 238 are smoother than whipped butter. Sam is the man for. 238

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
DON'T GO TO ONE OF THE ICS LEAKS.

Yes, they're super awesome and all that, I get it. But if you are trying to resolve a warranty issue (which this should be) you need to be on a stock device. Keep the pressure on VZW and Moto to fix the problem legitimately, by releasing an official fix. These leaks are nice, but all they do is take the heat off the fire, so to speak. The most vocal users about the problems are also the ones most likely to take matters into their own hands.

LemmyCaution

Reaction score
I'm on 230. If .905 hadn't been so awful, it would have been a joke. Data with ICS 230 is excellent. I tethered my iPad over the weekend and watched the Olympics while I was at the gym Sat/Sun for 4 hours - no drops and in a marginal 4G area too.

So - if you're NOT trying to get a warranty replacement - ICS is the way to go. IMHO.
"The most vocal users about the problems are also the ones most likely to take matters into their own hands. "
True - however, I was out of warranty and my next move would have been to replace the Bionic with another $600 device.
905 rendered my Bionic unreliable in the ways I use it. I was happy that I have a 3GS on ATT - at least I could get email from clients reliably.

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
I'm on 230. If .905 hadn't been so awful, it would have been a joke. Data with ICS 230 is excellent. I tethered my iPad over the weekend and watched the Olympics while I was at the gym Sat/Sun for 4 hours - no drops and in a marginal 4G area too.

So - if you're NOT trying to get a warranty replacement - ICS is the way to go. IMHO.
"The most vocal users about the problems are also the ones most likely to take matters into their own hands. "
True - however, I was out of warranty and my next move would have been to replace the Bionic with another $600 device.
905 rendered my Bionic unreliable in the ways I use it. I was happy that I have a 3GS on ATT - at least I could get email from clients reliably.

I would do that but they gave in and are giving me a nexus.