Goodbye Bionic

Vicious1

Reaction score
Well, I've had a bionic since release date, and it was great for the most part. However, about three weeks ago, I started having a huge problem staying connected to data, with data dropping several times every few minutes. Contacted customer service, and after speaking with tier two tech, got a new sim card, and ultimately factory reset the phone. No luck.

Called back cs, and they sent me a replacement bionic. Got it Tuesday morning, and began trying to redownload. Data kept dropping.

Called cs again and they were going to send another bionic. I asked for something different, since the tech did acknowledge its a known issue on Motorola phones, so he offered me a razr, not maxx. I said if you know it's an issue with Motorola phones, why would you offer me another one? He then said he could send a rebound.

Well, it got here yesterday and no data drops yet, so that's good. And the screen is great, although it's a battery hog. I type this afternoon about 10 hours of moderate use with the extended battery, and I'm at 27%. My bionic with extended battery could last almost two days... I'll miss that for sure.

But I look forward to ics on the rezound, with hopefully better battery life.

Droid Bionic, RIP.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Droid Forums

bobbyp

Reaction score
Good luck. They are both good phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Issemann

Reaction score
It took you this long? I got the Rezound on April 3rd. Root it and load an ICS ROM... You'll love it! Unfortunately, battery life isn't any better. Hoping the official ICS release will do the trick.

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Verizon screwed something up on your nearby tower. No reason why data should suddenly act up, unless Verizon did something. Now you just have to hope they don't screw with the tower again and mess up compatibility with the Rezound as well.

I love the way Verizon blames "Motorola devices" - instead of fixing the damn network.

OP
V

Vicious1

Reaction score
Well, no data drops on the rezound so far, so dunno if it was the tower.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sounds like Verizon screwed something up on your nearby tower. No reason why data should suddenly act up, unless Verizon did something. Now you just have to hope they don't screw with the tower again and mess up compatibility with the Rezound as well.

I love the way Verizon blames "Motorola devices" - instead of fixing the damn network.

+1 I can tell you for certain that the data issues we all experience are vzw changing stuff. Remember how bionics were garbage and then they were rock solid? The update changed how our phones updated with the network and registered to towers.

Now vzw has changed that again, and we all have the 4g drop issue, some more than others.

Its vzw not your device. And vzw is slow to get off their butt and roll out updates.

Now idk anything about the updates, but the data drops I do know something about.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Tonik

Reaction score
+1 I can tell you for certain that the data issues we all experience are vzw changing stuff. Remember how bionics were garbage and then they were rock solid? The update changed how our phones updated with the network and registered to towers.

Seems to happen every update for a week or two until it all gets sorted out. You can tell when it's getting close to dropping...the phone starts acting up.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine do too, I have 4 razr maxx's on my account, 2 that I personally use, and all four will do this from time to time, as will my bionic.

eye_dea

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Mine do too, I have 4 razr maxx's on my account, 2 that I personally use, and all four will do this from time to time, as will my bionic.

Dang man. I am willing to take one off your hands, if needed.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I've been thinking about calling verizon about my Bionic.

Like you I've had a Bionic since day one. Gone through two replacements back in the beginning, and the replacement came with a new sim card. I've done around 10 factory resets, and even used the FXZ (to get back on upgrade paths). Yet, I've had LTE data drops like it was nobodies business. But due to how long I've had it, I figured vzw would only blame my area.

I LOVE my Bionic, and have always hoped that the next update would fix the signal issues. But I'm just fed up with the drops after the past... 9 months.