Verizon NOT Honoring Unlimited Data Plan for Online Orders Not Activated Before 7/7

nikecar

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I just called VZW again according to the other thread that was linked (thanks again) and it worked. VZW took care of it.

Glad it worked for you. As others say, the sooner the better.

Wirefly

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hate to start my first post with this, but I want to inform everyone with what I just found out.

I bought a phone on wirefly.com on 7/4 and obviously it wasn't shipped until 7/5. I get it 2 days later and when I activated it on 7/7, everything worked fine...... until I log onto my verizon online account and see that I was placed into the dreaded 2GB TIERED DATA PLAN.

I called Verizon directly and they said it has to be activated before 7/7 and that even though it was ordered before then, it doesn't count. (People who bought phones from Vzw.com directly are fine though cause they activate right away.. so the rep said.)

So this puts potentially a lot of people who ordered during the big cell phone promo weekend of 7/1 extending to 7/6 at risk. I would think that anyone who ordered in 7/1 afternoon online didn't get their phone shipped out until after the holiday weekend on 7/5. And most people won't get their phone until 7/7 or after. Some of you may not know this yet but please check your online account at your desktop to see the full details.

RESOLUTION?????
So how do we resolve this? I mean I could've went to the store directly before 7/7 and got a phone (at a higher price) instead if I had known this. Now we are left without unlimited data and wasted opportunities.

The thing is, there will most likely be a lot of people who ordered online from websites other than verizon's own that are in the same situation between 7/1-7/6. Does Verizon want thousands of angry customers calling and CANCELING their service to go to Sprint or any other provider?

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

All customers who ordered through us prior to 7/7/11 should get the unlimited plan. PM me your order number and I will have our activations team make sure it is corrected for you with the carrier.

***you dont have to send your order, I am so glad that Verizon corrected this for you. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you regarding your order with us.

Last edited:

Wirefly

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that if customers purchased a phone from Wirefly before 7/7/11 and selected the unlimited data plan, we are working with those customers to make sure the correct plan is applied to their phone. If you purchased from us and have a problem with your phone's data plan being incorrect (selected but did not receive the unlimited plan) for a phone placed before 7/7/11 please PM me your order number and I will make sure that we get this corrected for you ASAP. Thanks! :)