Verizon NOT Honoring Unlimited Data Plan for Online Orders Not Activated Before 7/7

Rento

Reaction score
Maaaan, Droid people know about their phones... Like really know about them. When I first came into this thread I swore OP was a iPhone user lol.

Half serious jokes aside.. I'd be pissed to. Call WireFly, return everything and see if VZW will get you your old plan back... Just be like, "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! RESET! REFLASH! I WANT MY OLD PHONE REACTIVATED AND OLD PLAN! RE! FLASH! NOW!"

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you knew this then the order should've been placed sooner. Verizon honored their word and gave their new customers unlimited plans before the 7th.

You have no reason to be upset with Verizon or any company you bought the phone from online if you were already aware of the possible extra days it takes to get the phone unactivated.

Hmm.. when did I say I was mad @ verizon? If anything more at wirefly.

And why are you folks assuming that we all knew this months ahead? Not everyone goes on tech forums everyday. A lot of people actually don't know this and are now trying to research. Not every customer keeps up with what Verizon is going to do in the future. I did not know this until 7/4 when I was on slickdeals looking for discount listings. This was when all the retailers online were still selling the unlimited plan.

Also, the retailers were selling the $29.99 UNLIMITED DATA PLAN up until 7/6, knowing it won't be activated until after 7/7. You guys seriously think there is nothing wrong with that?? :huh:

There was no choice for the tiered data plans or any heads up. So basically they sold people something that wasn't going to be available by the time they received it in the mail.

you have an angry face next to your title and your title mentions Verizon, not Wirefly....

I understand not everyone on this board spends hours on the internet, but this was pretty big news and was pretty hard not to be unaware of, unless you managed to dodge the media the past couple weeks. I saw it on Yahoo, local news, newspapers, etc.

I understand you're frustrated you're in a tiered plan, but like buying any cell phone plan, you do your research. Also, in terms of shipping options, you should've done overnight shipping if you already knew about the unlimited plan being cut off on 7/7.

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
Sounds like you need to get a lawyer and go after the company that sold you the phone. the problem you seem to have is with them not Verizon.

True that.

Don't be pissed at Verizon because some company sold you a steaming pile of dog dung.

Snow02

Reaction score
If a phone was sold with a plan, and that plan said unlimited data, it should be honored. Is they refuse, file BBB complaints against verizon and wirefly. It will get resolved.

OP
A

AirGear

Reaction score
you have an angry face next to your title and your title mentions Verizon, not Wirefly....

I understand not everyone on this board spends hours on the internet, but this was pretty big news and was pretty hard not to be unaware of, unless you managed to dodge the media the past couple weeks. I saw it on Yahoo, local news, newspapers, etc.

I understand you're frustrated you're in a tiered plan, but like buying any cell phone plan, you do your research. Also, in terms of shipping options, you should've done overnight shipping if you already knew about the unlimited plan being cut off on 7/7.

What blows my mind is that so many of you think its OK to sell the $29.99 unlimited plan and give the customer something else. Its not up to the customers to know when Verizon's cut off is. Its the responsibility of the retailer to inform the customers and to NOT sell the service when they know it won't be honored.

Obviously I did not know it had to be activated by 7/7. If I did I wouldn't be here to ask for advice. But all I'm really getting is "you are out of luck and should've known". Oh well.

713King

Reaction score
so you got it on the 5th right? Why couldnt you activate it that night or on the 6th? Or did I misread the OP. Why could you only activate it on the 7th

OP
A

AirGear

Reaction score
If a phone was sold with a plan, and that plan said unlimited data, it should be honored. Is they refuse, file BBB complaints against verizon and wirefly. It will get resolved.

Thank you, appreciate some sanity. I called verizon already and they said they will call me back.

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
so you got it on the 5th right? Why couldnt you activate it that night or on the 6th? Or did I misread the OP. Why could you only activate it on the 7th

Shipped on the 5th.

OP
A

AirGear

Reaction score

I ordered on the 5th, got it on 7th.

Thats also besides the real point. The real point is if they were selling the unlimited plan up until 7/6 then it needs to be honored. What happens to the poor folks that paid for next day shipping and gets it on 7/7 to find out they are in the 2GB plan? No one finds something wrong with this?

Anyone that ordered from 7/1 afternoon up until 7/6 are out of luck basically because nothing could've been shipped until 7/5. And believe me, not everyone knows you have to activate it before 7/7, especially when they were selling the plan without offering the tiered plan at all.

713King

Reaction score
Yeah I would be pissed off, call them back instead of you waiting. I would file a complaint to mainly wirefly or both because I am sure this was done on purpose of some sort. Get the phone on the 1st but you get it shipped to you on the 5th, that's bs.

713King

Reaction score
lol double fail, crappy droid x.I have 5 black dots on my screen and cant read everything but the top part of the screen.

Reaction score
I would complain to both Verizon and Wirefly. When I ordered my two phones last year from Newegg I was sent my contract terms the second I completed the deal. My money was taken and I got email from Verizon welcoming me as a customer. Got the phones a few days later. If they took your money then that is a contract and they can't change the terms of it. So you can break contract and keep the phones with out penalty as they have broken there agreement.