Verizon giving away Madden 12 Free for Android devices

UNC

Reaction score
Well thanks for clearing that up for me, now I'm a happy camper again :)
You're quite welcome.

Part of me feels that Verizon wouldn't feel obligated to give away software if they hadn't had so many OTA issues for several of their smartphones. It seems like they might be trying to make concessions here for screwing over so many of their customers. At the same time, EA could be paying them something for the free exposure, while Verizon also drives traffic into their AppStore.

Or perhaps I'm just being cynical since my D1 isn't on the supported list (even though I'm aware that it probably wouldn't run well). Meh.

My guess is that it has something to do with EA and Verizon's deals with the NFL.

Natey2

Reaction score
Will this free app be branded to Verizon's V Cast store? i.e. you will need the V Cast AppStore operational on your device in order to use it? Amazon AppStore free apps require the Amazon AppStore app to be running.
Otherwise, what will prevent people from downloading a free copy between the 1st and 3rd, and giving the .apk away to other people after the 3rd?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Will this free app be branded to Verizon's V Cast store? i.e. you will need the V Cast AppStore operational on your device in order to use it? Amazon AppStore free apps require the Amazon AppStore app to be running.
Otherwise, what will prevent people from downloading a free copy between the 1st and 3rd, and giving the .apk away to other people after the 3rd?

app sharing isn't allowed on the forums. And most likely it won't support all devices anyways.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

nikecar

Reaction score
Very. Look at the source page. Usually, people question things like this when they don't read the full article and go by the title of the thread.

I'm going to be blunt. If it wasn't because all your posts like this when asked a question appear condescending, I'd have been offended. However I know your online and probably real personality cannot help it. That said....

I posted from my phone and read the entire thing as viewable on the phone and visited the source page which could have been done by anyone slapping a VZW reference on it.. The url isn't a VZW page, and this would be more refreshing if there was an actual article or press release on a VZW url page.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm sorry. But I didn't mean to sound offensive. Shadez, another member here, mentioned he called as instructed but was sent a message saying he called to early. It redirected him to call between the promotion dates.

Natey2

Reaction score
app sharing isn't allowed on the forums. And most likely it won't support all devices anyways.

I was not suggesting app sharing in the forums, but as an example, the Netflix .apk and the Genie (News and Weather) .apk are all over the internet and on other forums. I was wondering if EA/Verizon took appropriate measures to prevent the app from becoming another floating Netflix.apk ? I guess time will tell..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Mal is correct, I called from my Bionic and got the message that it hasn't started yet. Call the number for yourself if you want more proof.

nikecar

Reaction score
I'm sorry. But I didn't mean to sound offensive. Shadez, another member here, mentioned he called as instructed but was sent a message saying he called to early. It redirected him to call between the promotion dates.

No prob. I've seen other VZW freebie promise that at least are on a VZW site, or directly linked from such. I posted before shades though.

I'm waiting until tomorrow anyways. I saw it on market and remembered about this.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
When I called the number earlier this is the text they sent me:

**Madden: Get the MADDEN NFL 12 Android game for your Verizon phone from EA Sports. FREE!

Click: http://starstar.to/madden12/8LEO3 MSG&DATA rates may apply.

Now, that being said, I clicked the link and got the verizon logo with the message saying "Sorry your phone is not supported" Offer only available through vcast store. Then ads to sign up for vcast.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling it will work with bionic. I tried calling with mine now and it just said I called to early and sent me a text message for when to call .. we'll see..

I think it will too, since the latest version in the market is Bionic compatible. It seems very coincidental that the Bionic compatible update released the day before the promotion. Hopefully, it's a good sign.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Vcast apps can't verify my account.. Is that due to rooting?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
looks like it needs to be downloaded through the VZW App Store.
my DX is not active thus when I tried to login via WiFi it failed. :(

on my Bionic the txt link takes me to a page that says "sorry, your device is not supported."
*sighs*