Verizon giving away Madden 12 Free for Android devices

smmfc

Reaction score
I got the v cast app store now I can't find Madden on it to download

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

King_Bean

Reaction score
I successfully downloaded Madden NFL 12 from the V Cast AppStore for free. Thanks Malvado!
There is also a 300MB download that goes with it.
I tried **MADDEN, and clicked on the link in the text message, but it said my phone was not supported, and to go to the V Cast app store, so I did.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

Well, where in the V Cast store is it??? I don't see it.

Natey2

Reaction score
If you can't find the V Cast AppStore, see http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/features/data_services/v_cast_apps.html

On my stock unrooted DroidX, it was pre-installed, probably after the Gingerbread 2.3 update. It is named "Apps" in the app drawer. It is currently version 2.00.54. I don't think you can download the store as a separate .apk

If you have the V Cast AppStore, it has a search function. Search for "Madden". If nothing comes up, your phone may not be a supported device for this game.

Last edited:

shochman

Reaction score
Vcast apps can't verify my account.. Is that due to rooting?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
I have an un-rooted Droid X and I get the same error message. I called Verizon support and they believe it is a problem with the AppStore running on the DroidX. They were able to duplicate the problem. They said they would call me back within 3 days, and if they could not resolve it, I could download the Madden app from the android market and they would refund the cost of the application.

nikecar

Reaction score
I tried calling, it said contests, blah blah blah, then the website link said not supported. Even though I'm on the DInc2 which it says it is. I'm just on 2.3.4 not the 2.2 on the site. I will call to get them to credit me when I download it from the market.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Got it with no problem on my Droid X. Running Zombie Stomp rom.

Having said all that, this game is terrible. Very disappointed with EA.

Natey2

Reaction score
I get the idea that Verizon is giving away this app for free to coerce everyone to activate their V Cast app store on their devices.
Has Verizon succeeded ? ;)

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I get the idea that Verizon is giving away this app for free to coerce everyone to activate their V Cast app store on their devices.
Has Verizon succeeded ? ;)

That's my assumption as well. In my case it only worked for a few mins cuz I have already uninstalled the app store and Madden. lol.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
I have an un-rooted Droid X and I get the same error message. I called Verizon support and they believe it is a problem with the AppStore running on the DroidX. They were able to duplicate the problem. They said they would call me back within 3 days, and if they could not resolve it, I could download the Madden app from the android market and they would refund the cost of the application.

Thanks for the info

Djscrib

Reaction score
I think its funny that Verizon is giving this away to 2.2 devices but most of all the devices listed have had an OTA for 2.3!?!?!?!

Natey2

Reaction score
That's my assumption as well. In my case it only worked for a few mins cuz I have already uninstalled the app store and Madden. lol.

I wonder if the Madden NFL 12 will work if just the V Cast app store is uninstalled...

JMC98

Reaction score
Is it the full game or just a demo?