Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Am I missing something here? Isn't the Sprint all you can eat plan $ 69.99? How does $99.00 compete with $69.99? I know Verizon is better and that is why I have them but I don't get the wow factor of this story.

So is VZWs.. but then you ad $29 onto each for data and you have $99 each ..

Sprints plan includes data at $ 69.99. Thus it is "all you can eat". VZW is $ 99.00 all you can eat. So am I missing something?

You could be right, I'm not that familiar with Sprints pricing, and just going by whats in the article:

"Verizon's current postpaid Nationwide Talk & Text unlimited plan goes for $89.99 with a two-year contract. In L.A. and San Diego, however, Verizon is offering that service for $69.99 per month. The addition of the carrier's $29.99 per month unlimited smartphone data plan brings the total cost of unlimited talking, texting and smartphone data to $99.99 per month--the same price as Sprint's Simply Everything offering, which includes limitless talking, texting, data and other services. T-Mobile USA also offers unlimited talk, text and data for $99 per month."

loganmax

Reaction score
So is VZWs.. but then you ad $29 onto each for data and you have $99 each ..

Sprints plan includes data at $ 69.99. Thus it is "all you can eat". VZW is $ 99.00 all you can eat. So am I missing something?

You could be right, I'm not that familiar with Sprints pricing, and just going by whats in the article:

"Verizon's current postpaid Nationwide Talk & Text unlimited plan goes for $89.99 with a two-year contract. In L.A. and San Diego, however, Verizon is offering that service for $69.99 per month. The addition of the carrier's $29.99 per month unlimited smartphone data plan brings the total cost of unlimited talking, texting and smartphone data to $99.99 per month--the same price as Sprint's Simply Everything offering, which includes limitless talking, texting, data and other services. T-Mobile USA also offers unlimited talk, text and data for $99 per month."
[video=youtube;jaCSCkxdOJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaCSCkxdOJ8]YouTube - Injury[/video]

loganmax

Reaction score
In fact, I will even ask further about why is this a story about a "Test" market? Verizon already has unlimited talk for $69.00 and if you add the data pack at 29.99 you get $ 99.00 all you can eat. This has been available for some time.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
As far as I know from friends... Sprint is $69 unlimited talk/text/data... $99 for two lines unlimited... This is not a deal...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Then their website is very misleading..

SprintJPG.jpg

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think, the $69 price is if you have something else.. I got a headache and stopped reading it.. but, its sprint so I dont care :)

FolsomFear

Reaction score
As far as I know from friends... Sprint is $69 unlimited talk/text/data... $99 for two lines unlimited... This is not a deal...
Its all because sprint sucks..... you pay less for less.... verizon is way better than sprint, so you can expect to pay more....... it like compareing a honda to a ferrari..... one definatly cost more...... am i right, or just on crack

probably the crack:icon_ banana:<banana

crownedzero

Reaction score
Not much of a deal here unless verizon ups the stakes...I talk very little out of network so my minimal plan with unlimited data is cheaper...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then there website is very misleading..

SprintJPG.jpg

I'll say. $ 69.99 in big bold letters and then $ 99.99 in tiny letters bellow. WTH?

If I'm reading everything correctly, it's still not as good a deal as Sprint's, as Verizon is still limited to mobile calls/texts only - anything else eats into the "anytime" minutes, which are not unlimited.

anewday

Reaction score

Yep, my friend have the same plan. I think Sprint also don't charge taxes?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Yep, my friend have the same plan. I think Sprint also don't charge taxes?

Nah, hard to avoid taxes lol

Rates & Fees: Monthly charges exclude taxes, Sprint Surcharges [incl. USF charge of up to 13.6% (varies quarterly), Administrative Charge (up to $1.99/line/mo.), Regulatory Charge ($0.40/line/mo.) & state/local fees by area]. Sprint Surcharges are not taxes or gov't-required charges and are subject to change. Sprint chooses to collect Washington State B&O Fee of 0.471% of your monthly billed charges to recover its costs. Details: sprint.com/taxesandfees.

Reaction score
This is all until 4G rolls out on the Verizon LTE network, unless they decided against tiered data plans.