Verizon 3G Upgrade Details Leaked!

r1nstang

Reaction score
So, can I get some clarification?

If I bought my Droid in December 2009 am I eligible for this? Seems to be a lot of conflicting information about this.
No.
Contracts are 2 years. On a $59.99 baseplan or higher, you will be eligible for an annual upgrade. This whole promo is to basically early upgrade peoples contracts who are ENDING on new years eve.
If your contract (2 years) is up AFTER 12/31/10 you are NOT eligible for this promo.
Your contract, (meaning the date that you can end your service with Verizon without paying any termination fees) ends 12/11. So you don't qualify for this, but this upcoming December you may qualify for an annual upgrade (not meaning end of contract) as long as you are on a $59.99 or higher plan.

damn. it used to be annual upgrades on 39.99 or higher. When did they change that? I just did my anual upgrade last year for the droid. Im on the 450 minutes for 39.99 I believe. with unlimited text and data. my bill hits around 100 a month for just me. it that 59.99 just meaning for voice? or is data price included on that?

r1nstang

Reaction score
So, can I get some clarification?

If I bought my Droid in December 2009 am I eligible for this? Seems to be a lot of conflicting information about this.
No.
Contracts are 2 years. On a $59.99 baseplan or higher, you will be eligible for an annual upgrade. This whole promo is to basically early upgrade peoples contracts who are ENDING on new years eve.
If your contract (2 years) is up AFTER 12/31/10 you are NOT eligible for this promo.
Your contract, (meaning the date that you can end your service with Verizon without paying any termination fees) ends 12/11. So you don't qualify for this, but this upcoming December you may qualify for an annual upgrade (not meaning end of contract) as long as you are on a $59.99 or higher plan.

damn. it used to be annual upgrades on 39.99 or higher. When did they change that? I just did my anual upgrade last year for the droid. Im on the 450 minutes for 39.99 I believe. with unlimited text and data. my bill hits around 100 a month for just me. it that 59.99 just meaning for voice? or is data price included on that?

nevermind. just double checked. i upped it to the 99.99 plan when i did the anual. so I should still have the annual. but wont qualify for this. Ill just wait the few months until im up for annual upgrade and prices drop a little

jtdiddy

Reaction score
1). A bit confused about the promo. So if you qualify, it allows customers to upgrade early and pick up the droidx for $199 (after rebate) correct?

2). But if my NE2 discount ($100) kicks in on July 27th, i should just wait until then and possibly pick up the droid x for $99 right?

blanz

Reaction score
If I read that right, I can't use my sons eligible upgrade and then swap the phone to my line. I wonder how that will be monitored.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I think what was meant is that you can't use a upgrade from another account, however if the lines are on your account, you can use the upgrades as you please and swap phones with other phone lines on your account.

Can I get some conformation on this?

lchavez289

Reaction score
You CANNOT use the upgrade and then swap phones.
I don't understand why everyone is so confused.
CONTRACT end 12/31/10 and earlier. period.
If you have an upgrade you can use it to get whatever phone you want.
Yes including the X.

dustin4863

Reaction score
Yes including the X.

why cant you swap phones as long as you keep a data plan on the line that got you the X. i did this with my storm and my droid

lchavez289

Reaction score
Yes including the X.

why cant you swap phones as long as you keep a data plan on the line that got you the X. i did this with my storm and my droid
Because those are the rules of the promo my friend. Any other upgrade it would be just fine. This is a promo.

lchavez289

Reaction score
1). A bit confused about the promo. So if you qualify, it allows customers to upgrade early and pick up the droidx for $199 (after rebate) correct?

2). But if my NE2 discount ($100) kicks in on July 27th, i should just wait until then and possibly pick up the droid x for $99 right?
!@#$ Yesssiirr

dustin4863

Reaction score
Yes including the X.

Because those are the rules of the promo my friend. Any other upgrade it would be just fine. This is a promo.

i'm not picking here just asking. but what is keeping me from going on line and swapping the phone what will happen?

lchavez289

Reaction score
Eligibility Requirements
All customers who qualify will be loaded into the Next Best Activity (NBA) Tool. COOS will be ensuring that eligible customers are included in NBA; if the customer is not listed, they are not eligible for the promotion.

• Any customer with a service contract end date of 12/31/10 or earlier, including: Consumer, Employee Liable (ELEU), Corporate Non-Contracted, Corporate Liable (CLEU) up to 99 lines
  • -Excludes Fed Govt and Local/State Govt purchasing off the GSA-FSS
  • Not currently NE2 (New Every Two), EUP (Equipment Upgrade), AUP (Annual Upgrade) eligible
  • Account must be current
  • Promotion cannot be used for a "Buddy Upgrade." The eligible line must upgrade and keep the 3G Smartphone
Read the green. It's all you have to know.

lchavez289

Reaction score

i'm not picking here just asking. but what is keeping me from going on line and swapping the phone what will happen?
It will only allow you to go back to the previous ESN on the account.

dustin4863

Reaction score
Eligibility Requirements
All customers who qualify will be loaded into the Next Best Activity (NBA) Tool. COOS will be ensuring that eligible customers are included in NBA; if the customer is not listed, they are not eligible for the promotion.

• Any customer with a service contract end date of 12/31/10 or earlier, including: Consumer, Employee Liable (ELEU), Corporate Non-Contracted, Corporate Liable (CLEU) up to 99 lines
  • -Excludes Fed Govt and Local/State Govt purchasing off the GSA-FSS
  • Not currently NE2 (New Every Two), EUP (Equipment Upgrade), AUP (Annual Upgrade) eligible
  • Account must be current
  • Promotion cannot be used for a "Buddy Upgrade." The eligible line must upgrade and keep the 3G Smartphone
Read the green. It's all you have to know.

SO the esn is going to be locked to the phone number?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Because this is confusing for everyone, I'll try to explain to the best of my knowledge after a careful reading.

-If you renewed your contract with your Droid on or before 12/31/10: If you have a one year contract, you will be able to upgrade. If you have a two year contract on the main line, you have an annual upgrade, so you should be able to upgrade, after reading this statement :

Not currently NE2 (New Every Two), EUP (Equipment Upgrade), AUP (Annual Upgrade) eligible

It shouldn't be a problem because the Droid came out in Novemember, therefore you wouldn't be NE2 or Annual eligible yet anyway. Not sure what an EUP is.

If I am wrong or if anyone has proof from Verizon that I am wrong let me know so I can edit what could be wrong info. I think I'm right though.

lchavez289

Reaction score
Because this is confusing for everyone, I'll try to explain to the best of my knowledge after a careful reading.

-If you renewed your contract with your Droid on or before 12/31/10: (no, if you are ABLE to renew it)If you have a one year contract, you will be able to upgrade. If you have a two year contract on the main line, you have an annual upgrade, so you should be able to upgrade, after reading this statement :

Not currently NE2 (New Every Two), EUP (Equipment Upgrade), AUP (Annual Upgrade) eligible

It shouldn't be a problem because the Droid came out in Novemember, therefore you wouldn't be NE2 or Annual eligible yet anyway. Not sure what an EUP is.

If I am wrong or if anyone has proof from Verizon that I am wrong let me know so I can edit what could be wrong info. I think I'm right though.
edits in purple =]