Using GPS and Music player via bluetooth.

MS3G35

Reaction score
Quick back story for you all. I am coming from a Droid Incredible to the DNA, I used to be able to connect my phone to my car via bluetooth and I could use the gps navigation and steam music via pandora or whatever at the same time, what would happen is as I approched a turn the GPS would dim the music player and annouce the turn or whatever I needed to do then bring the music back up to normal level when done.
On the DNA it does not do this, I am using the same apps Google maps and Pandora or iheart radio but it does not dim the music and I cannot hear the directions I need. I do a lot of driving for my job and I relied heavily on this before and it is very annoying that I can't do this now, I have to either use the gps with no music or try and look at where I am going on the device and drive at the same time, I miss the hands free experince I had before.

Any thoughts or settings I am missing? I tried looking threw all the google map settings but found nothing and I do not remember having to make a change on my Incredible it just did it from the begining.

Thanks guys and gals!

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Hmmm, no help, just a bump. I travel a lot for my job also. My OG Droid and Bionic stop Pandora, iHeart, stock music app, etc for GNav directions. I never changed or set anything to do that

4rings

Reaction score
Have you tried the already installed 'Car' app? Use the Google search widget and search for Car. It doesn't look like it's customizable to include Pandora or iHeart Radio (I tried but couldn't find out how) but it does have tunein radio and it can access your on board music.

Robster

Reaction score
I have noticed something similar. On my old droids whenever I would be listening to Pandora and a text or email came in it would notify me audibly over Pandora. On the DNA it doesnt do this. I have no way to know if someone has texted or emailed.

Robster

Reaction score
I have noticed something similar. On my old droids whenever I would be listening to Pandora and a text or email came in it would notify me audibly over Pandora. On the DNA it doesnt do this. I have no way to know if someone has texted or emailed.

Well, I stand corrected. I just spent some time testing what I was talking about plus a couple of other things. I had Pandora playing and sent texts and emails and both left audible notifications over the music. I think the issue was the level of the sound settings. They just weren't very high. I also had Pandora playing and activated Navigation. When navigation would give a verbal instruction the Pandora would get very quiet so as to hear navigation then the Pandora would go back to normal. So far the DNA is acting as it should for me and doing just like my old droids did. However, I have not tested it using Bluetooth like the OP was asking. I am guessing that the problem with the OP is due mostly to Bluetooth settings.