How do I delete the default music player?

rtb

Reaction score
I went to manage applications - music - and clear data but it did not delete the player. I am tired of the music player automatically playing when it syncs up to my car via bluetooth. How do I do this? Thanks!

Threeball

Reaction score
I went to manage applications - music - and clear data but it did not delete the player. I am tired of the music player automatically playing when it syncs up to my car via bluetooth. How do I do this? Thanks!

Not sure what ur q is so im gonna answer both possibilities.

If u mean, how do I uninstall the music player, u can't unless ur rooted. If u r then just use a file manager or titanium.

If u mean, how can I un-pair my phone from my car, then go menu>settings>wireless & networks>bluetooth then select the device and forget.

If u mean something else, lemme know and I'll try again.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo using DroidForums App

OP
R

rtb

Reaction score
My question is in the title. I want to get rid of the default music player because it plays automatically without me telling it to. Seriously? I have to hack the phone to do this? Any other way?

Threeball

Reaction score
Nope. Htc and Verizon have protected certain apps. For instance, u can't uninstall the market, or maps, etc. The reason for this is to prevent idiots from uninstalling something important.

So ur options r to un-pair the bluetooth or root.

Sorry. But that's all there is. If u decide to root, there r clear directions posted and lots of people around to help.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo using DroidForums App

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have another player that you want to run instead? If so you can clear the defaults of the stock player.

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
you CAN NOT uninstall a stock program on your phone unless your phone is rooted (and i do recommend rooting) You can use the market and download a new player and there is a lot to choose from on there. Downloading a new one usually takes over the existing app but you can also go to menu-setting-applications-manage apps-find the stock player open it and clear the data from it