Sd card music will no longer play in the music player....help me please!

javion.mommy61010

Reaction score
Today I went to add a couple new songs I downloaded from the app Music Junk to my laptop. I unmounted my sd card and put in my laptop, did everything I needed to do. I placed my sd card back in my phone and now my music wont work. When I open my music player it only shows 100 out of 300 songs. The 100 that play are songs I've downloaded from music junk. The rest were add from my laptop libary. But when I go in to the app Astro it shows the missing songs and I can play them. I've never had this problem before. How do I get all of my songs back in the music player?

Falling out of <3 with my eris!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting your phone? I try not to "unmount" my SD card unless I have to, any transfering of files I do via USB cable. The last time I unmounted my SD card I had to reformat it completely. The SD card is really a vital part of the device and I would recommend not unmounting it unless you have too

OP
javion.mommy61010

javion.mommy61010

Reaction score
Yes, I've tried that and taking out the sd card and replacing it also I downloaded this app someone suggested on a thread its called sdrescan, that didnt help either.

kepley

Reaction score
I'm not sure about all the formats the Eris plays, but are they all MP3s?

OP
javion.mommy61010

javion.mommy61010

Reaction score
Yes they are. I havent had this problem until today. I've to been transfering like this since I got my eris in feb.