Issue with playing music via Bluetooth

Switch842

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! New to the forums here, but I'm hoping someone might be able to help me as Google as not given me any answers to this problem.

I have a 2013 VW Touareg and a couple weeks ago upgraded from the Samsung Charge to the DNA. With the Charge, I was able to "stream" music from the phone through my car stereo via the bluetooth functionality. This does not appear to be possible with the DNA. I was able to connect the phone via bluetooth with no issues and the normal phone call related functionality all works fine. However, when I open the Media menu on my car, it's not recognizing that anything is connected via Bluetooth. There is a SOURCE button with several options related to the various input methods available - AUX, HD, etc, One of those is BT and that option is not able to be selected.

The phone is stock, 4.1.1. Nothing changed or updated since I got it. So, is this a phone issue or a car issue? Any ideas on how I might be able to resolve this?

ETA: The issue seems to have resolved itself somehow. For anyone else that might be having this issue the "Beats audio" app seems to have something to do with it. When it suddenly started working I checked my phone and that app was active when it wasn't before. Not sure why or how as I have not touched anything to do with that app. So, *shrugs*. At least it's working!

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I don't have a DNA or any experience with sense. So, please bear with me.

Go into the bluetooth settings on your DNA. In there should be a list of paired devices. You may need to pair your phone to your VW to get this, I'm not sure. But there should be like a settings gear next to the device. If you click on that it should show a list of profiles. Make sure everyone of them is checked.

It's highly possible that when it first paired it didn't check the media profile.

OP
S

Switch842

Reaction score
I did check that (sorry, forgot to mention it) and the "Use for media audio" option is selected. I tried unselecting and reselecting and that didn't do anything. :-(
ETA: The issue seems to have resolved itself somehow. For anyone else that might be having this issue the "Beats audio" app seems to have something to do with it. When it suddenly started working I checked my phone and that app was active when it wasn't before. Not sure why or how as I have not touched anything to do with that app. So, *shrugs*. At least it's working!

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did check that (sorry, forgot to mention it) and the "Use for media audio" option is selected. I tried unselecting and reselecting and that didn't do anything. :-(

My Rezound does that from time to time too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

techguru

Reaction score
I have several Bt stereo devices, and they all intermittently do this with the DNA except my Motorola Roadster. Usually disconnecting and reconnecting Bt from the phone resolves it. Very occasionally requires a reboot.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Just a thought, if you have multiple BT devices, only one can receive A2DP or the audio at a time. So if you have one in the ear which connects to A2DP, it won't work over the car's BT., unless you turn off the east piece. Also, I believe, when pairing car to phone, you start the process on the car, and set phone as visible or discoverable, and the car finds the phone. Then just follow the normal prompts on the phone to enter a key that either the car provides, or use 0000.