Google Maps no longer plays well with Pandora or Music Player

givmedew

Reaction score
I am not certain who's fault this is, but suddenly I noticed a few behaviors being different on my phone.

Scenario:
Using Google Maps at the same time as either Pandora or HTC Music Player.

Previous Behavior:
When Google Maps needed to speak it would mute all other audio sources and then unmute them once it finished speaking.

New Behavior:
When Google Maps needs to speak it will PAUSE Pandora or the HTC Music Player. It WILL NOT UNPAUSE after it is done speaking.

Basically you can no longer use Google Maps and Pandora at the same time.

This new change has ruined the phone for me. I drive 3hrs a day and need the navigation and would like to have music at the same time. If I mute the nav it wont pause the music but then I'm missing turns.

Also one other NEW behavior I noticed is that while listening Pandora on headphones if you disconnect the headphones it will paude Pandora just like the internal music player would. This is NEW and I am certain that it did not work this way before.

brochaos

Reaction score
i don't use an HTC phone, but the pandora unpausing thing has been broken since 2.2. there was an update today for pandora, but there is no changelog, and i haven't tested the unpausing yet. perhaps it was fixed? my stocker music app unpauses just fine.