Headphone jack and music player problem

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My friend is a with annoying problem with her droid x. Every time she plugs in her headphones and uses anything besides the stock music player, with a little twist of the headphones the stock music player automatically starts itself. This is annoying like when she is listen to pandora and puts her droid x in her coat pocket. After the phone moves around, the stock music player would start. Or uses rockplayer with headphones in and then the stock music player would start itself by just a couple of twists of the headphones.

I would like to ask the community if anyone has ever have this problem occurred before. I'm not sure if rooting the phone would like this or not. I appreciate any ideas or help. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

qman66

Reaction score
Yessss this just happened to me. I was going crazy. Another problem I had is the screen turned on by itself and kept pausing what I was listening to. This just started happening to me on the leaked gingerbread.

caveritt

Reaction score
I am on my 5 DX because of this issue. I am a runner and it seems that with it being in my pocket the connections on the jack eventually where out. Last one only lasted a week before I started having problems. I think it was a problem on the D1 as well. My current one has never had anything plugged into the jack so I don't know if it is still a problem. I would suggest some nice bluetooth headphones.

OP
J

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
Thank you for the comments, I am glad to read other people also have this problem. My friend's dx is still on 2.2 and non rooted. I'm not sure if it's app/os problem or is the headphone jack related. I was going to help her root it and rename the stock music player, however there is no guarantee that will solve it. I suggested a bluetooth headset however it's not fair for her to spend like $50 as a temporary remedy to the syptom. I appreciate if more people can lend their insight to this.

qman66

Reaction score
Thank god I have bluetooth headphones. But this isn't a hardware problem this is a software issue never had this happen with froyo.

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Mine would stop the music with the slightest movement of the headphone cable. I took it to verizon (after I put it back to stock of course) and they said it was a manufacturer defect. I had a new DX the next day and haven't had any more problems. I was very pleased with how it was handled.