Usage after extended battery and battery stats wipe

dynastyss

Reaction score
I had run a few days with the stock battery. I was getting 14-18 hours to completely dead. I would describe myself as a light to moderate user of the phone. I make a few phone calls, a few texts and steam a bit through pandora or listen on my headphones with google music for an hour or so a day.

bluetooth- off
wifi - on when at home or office
4g- on
gps- off
Google autosync- on

I installed the extended battery, charged it fully then wiped the battery stats through clockwork recovery. I am on my first discharge and have had much better results. I have done nothing different, all the same settings on.

My theory is that the extended battery does make a bit of a difference, but having the battery stats wiped at the correct point and allowing the phone to truly figure out the battery is the best step. Can't hurt to try.
Screenshot_2011-12-22-10-22-54.pngScreenshot_2011-12-22-10-22-49.png

tbull097

Reaction score
Do batteries drain faster in english? Someone find this out! jk.

i just used all my old OG Droid battery tricks and get better battery life with the nexus regular battery than my OG with an extended battery.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Do batteries drain faster in english? Someone find this out! jk.

i just used all my old OG Droid battery tricks and get better battery life with the nexus regular battery than my OG with an extended battery.

lol DancingNexus

OP
D

dynastyss

Reaction score
Oops, I should have put that in! I have screen at 50% with auto brightness off and the screen was on
Screenshot_2011-12-22-12-14-02.png

kdroyd

Reaction score
Looks better than mine. Gotta quit playing games! Where is the extended battery available? Where'd you get yours?

moot

Reaction score
After installing the extended battery, I charged to full, drained until phone turned off, and then charged to full again. Is that sufficient for a stat wipe?

OP
D

dynastyss

Reaction score
Moot- I did everything the same but actually wiped the battery stats in recovery mode. But I am rooted. I believe your way did not actually wipe the stats.

Kdroyd- I don't play games at all. I got the extended for $25 online during that 50% sale. But that seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
As a moderate user. I get a full day without worry with the extended battery + apex kernel. :D(with a VERY minimal size increase!)

thats with 2 hours game play(while on the bus going to work) and atleast an hour of internet play on 4g. Screen brightness at 65-70%(i like the whites better with a bright screen).

Im happy. All i need is a full day(16 hours), i dont care about getting 24+ hours......

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
I had run a few days with the stock battery. I was getting 14-18 hours to completely dead. I would describe myself as a light to moderate user of the phone. I make a few phone calls, a few texts and steam a bit through pandora or listen on my headphones with google music for an hour or so a day.

bluetooth- off
wifi - on when at home or office
4g- on
gps- off
Google autosync- on

I installed the extended battery, charged it fully then wiped the battery stats through clockwork recovery. I am on my first discharge and have had much better results. I have done nothing different, all the same settings on.

My theory is that the extended battery does make a bit of a difference, but having the battery stats wiped at the correct point and allowing the phone to truly figure out the battery is the best step. Can't hurt to try.

Cool. My extended battery is on backorder but I just installed and tested the clockwork recovery so I'm set for when it arrives!

bhawks

Reaction score
Im a little confused about calibrating the battery and wiping the stats

I understand to calibrate you need to charge and drain fully a few cycles, but what does this achieve? Does that only need to be done with new batteries? Also whats the point in wiping the battery stats in recovery? Im curious because I have 3 batteries (2 standard and one extended) and I use them evenly. Is my battery indicator going to be inaccurate because I switch between standard and extended batteries?

triptych

Reaction score
Im a little confused about calibrating the battery and wiping the stats

I understand to calibrate you need to charge and drain fully a few cycles, but what does this achieve? Does that only need to be done with new batteries? Also whats the point in wiping the battery stats in recovery? Im curious because I have 3 batteries (2 standard and one extended) and I use them evenly. Is my battery indicator going to be inaccurate because I switch between standard and extended batteries?

+1

I would also like to know how ICS keeps track of the stats, especially for those who swap out batts regularly.

ice456789

Reaction score
Can't talk about ICS, but with the OG the battery reported it's own fill value every 20%. So if the phone was 'used' to you having a standard battery and you threw in an extended, the phone would tell you it was down to 90% just like if you had a regular battery in, then it would take forever to get to 80% because it actually waits for the battery to report that level.

Not sure how often this battery reports, I think every 10% just based on how it is acting. If that's the case, then you don't really have to worry about the phone's extrapolation much. At most it would be off by less than 10%.