Getting great battery life with gnex finally.

holmsc83

Reaction score
What profile did you choose for Juice Defender?

I was just using the normal "Balanced" profile, the free version doesn't have many options. Since I bought the paid version (on sale for 99c until New Years I think) I have created a custom profile which is just slightly more aggressive, mostly by turning off WiFi when the screen is off, which the free version does not.

Here is my battery life today, I was working from home so I wasn't using my phone too much. Screen on time over this 10 or so hours was about 1 hr 20 minutes, so that's light-moderate usage for me.

View attachment 44966
View attachment 44967

Magnious

Reaction score
All I had to do was put Brightness on Auto, Turn off the NFC chip (since it's not being used right now anyhow), and stay on 3g. My battery life is great, and I have 35% left when I plug it in to goto bed.

TeeX

Reaction score
All I had to do was put Brightness on Auto, Turn off the NFC chip (since it's not being used right now anyhow), and stay on 3g. My battery life is great, and I have 35% left when I plug it in to goto bed.

you can turn off the NFC ? How? What functionality would I lose? I'm guessing Google wallet?

Would turning off NFC really give a noticeable improvement in battery life?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Jung136

Reaction score
you can turn off the NFC ? How? What functionality would I lose? I'm guessing Google wallet?

Would turning off NFC really give a noticeable improvement in battery life?

You can turn off NFC from settings -> More (under wireless and networks) -> and uncheck the NFC box.. turning off NFC doesn't really affect battery though...

otter34

Reaction score
I think that putting it on 3g defeats the purpose really. In my opinion it's not fair to say, "I get 6 days of battery life" when the phone is on 3g. It, was, however helpful for me. I had 4g issues yesterday again so I switched to 3g and my battery life was great. It seemed better than my original droid.

I've been wondering if it was worth purchasing juice defender. I had it on my droid and it didn't seem to help much, but that could just be because I didn't use it properly

iPood

Reaction score
Does this look healthy running 3g brightness all the way down.. running theory 2.1 with setcpu pushing my CPU low.

sent from Nexus Theory

iPood

Reaction score
Oh yes please note I don't have the extended battery

sent from Nexus Theory

captdroid

Reaction score
Here's mine today with extended battery almost the entire time on WiFi stock kernel w/setCPU profile screen off 350-700 interactive, auto brightness. Not very heavy use but mostly tinkering with the phone throughout the day. :) No Juice Defender or anything. NFC turned on. Just straight up stock with setCPU and light usage today. But I do get excellent battery life overall even with heavier use 3g/4g with 4g draining the battery the fastest. I would have to say my battery life with my Galaxy Nexus much better then with my D1. Oh and I did install the updated leaked radios which are a definite improvement.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry for late response but it's 4g toggle switch on the market for the Samsung sll

terigox

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried Easy Battery Saver? It's rated pretty high right now on the market. Just curious how it stacks up against juice defender.

Seems like most of these things these apps do I do manually already. One thing I saw one app do was to try and consolidate data connections to a schedule of some sort. For example just open data up every 30 mins or so for apps to phone home. Seems like that is a good idea or to at least consolidate all of the app's data connection settings somewhere so that they are easier to manage. It seems like that alone could really help all Android device's batteries.

hookerdj

Reaction score
im getting a day and a half to almost two full days woooweee im loving this phone i love it. if you arent getting at the minimum a day then take it back you must have a lemon......when i had a normal battery i was getting a little over 24 hrs a charge now im getting 36 to 48 with extended.

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
I've been getting great battery life since the first few full charge cycles

hookerdj

Reaction score
i see and hear all this stuff about peeps getting like 6 hrs and then on charger....O my its like something must be interfering or user error or phone must be caked, cause i just get great battery life and i am not running any battery savings programs or anything bone stock ......With that being said that is the main reason i havent flashed any roms yet because i would hate to interfere right now..

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
im getting a day and a half to almost two full days woooweee im loving this phone i love it. if you arent getting at the minimum a day then take it back you must have a lemon......when i had a normal battery i was getting a little over 24 hrs a charge now im getting 36 to 48 with extended.

Holy crap!!! 36 to 48 hours? Does your phone even leave your pocket?...lol. I'm impressed with my 18 hours in extended battery and undervolted with almost 4 hours screen time and you're getting 48 hours???

48989e82-93f6-922a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk