Does the GNEX battery get any better?

GoBears

Reaction score
First of all ignore any screenshots of battery life that do not include screen on time. Expect 2.5 to 3.0 hours of screen on time with the extended battery. Expecting any more will just leave you disappointed. This phone screams with performance at the cost of battery life. It's just the way it is. Enjoy it then charge it. Repeat.

Oh yeah, check out Imo's kernel especially the exp2. It has a 180mhz slot that really helps sip the battery.

billyk

Reaction score
"This phone screams with performance at the cost of battery life. It's just the way it is. Enjoy it then charge it. Repeat."

Sounds like sage advice!

wolstonc

Reaction score
First of all ignore any screenshots of battery life that do not include screen on time. Expect 2.5 to 3.0 hours of screen on time with the extended battery. Expecting any more will just leave you disappointed. This phone screams with performance at the cost of battery life. It's just the way it is. Enjoy it then charge it. Repeat.

Oh yeah, check out Imo's kernel especially the exp2. It has a 180mhz slot that really helps sip the battery.

Is that it? That's about what I get on a bad day with stock battery. I was considering getting the extended battery but never mind that. I'd say on a good day I can get 5 hours on screen time. I read somewhere that average is like 3.48. But I'd say if you're gaming and you tubing mainly, then 2.5-3. But I guess the extended doesn't help much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
My phones android os is back up. I did the reset and open and close camera trick. But now there's a CPU awake that's higher than usual. Its nearly the same as my awake time. Idk why my Android os is running nearly at 40%

The battery is not terrible bad but I definitely can't get 3 hours of screen time even on 3g as you guys claim to get.

Also my phone gets hot pretty quick. Goes up to 38 Fahrenheit with pretty light use which kills my battery even quicker when its in use.

Htown315

Reaction score
My phones android os is back up. I did the reset and open and close camera trick. But now there's a CPU awake that's higher than usual. Its nearly the same as my awake time. Idk why my Android os is running nearly at 40%

The battery is not terrible bad but I definitely can't get 3 hours of screen time even on 3g as you guys claim to get.

Also my phone gets hot pretty quick. Goes up to 38 Fahrenheit with pretty light use which kills my battery even quicker when its in use.

I'd try a new rom/kernel if I were you.

spoooon

Reaction score
Is that it? That's about what I get on a bad day with stock battery. I was considering getting the extended battery but never mind that. I'd say on a good day I can get 5 hours on screen time. I read somewhere that average is like 3.48. But I'd say if you're gaming and you tubing mainly, then 2.5-3. But I guess the extended doesn't help much.

Extended battery will get you more screen on time, just not tons more. Basically 2.5-3 hours of screen on time regardless of which battery, but you'll get more standby time with the extended.

Below is a combination of 4G and WIFI, just normal use through out the day, running around, and so on. No tweaks to conserve battery life (everything is syncing, etc.)

screenshot2012022523061.png

screenshot2012022523061.png

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Extended battery will get you more screen on time, just not tons more. Basically 2.5-3 hours of screen on time regardless of which battery, but you'll get more standby time with the extended.

I think it also depends what you do with your screen on time. I can get nearly 5 hours of screen time with using tapatalk, email, texting and then an hour of streaming music, 30 minutes of calls, and get 20 hours on a charge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Extended battery only gives you ~15% more juice so expect to have around same amount of more usage. Nothing to talk about but still better then stock.

wooooowwe

Reaction score
Phone hasn't even been out this long