Getting great battery life with gnex finally.

mercm3

Reaction score
Finally getting great battery life on my extended battery. I am rooted on the stock rom. I use setcpu to set speed to 350/350 when screen off and 350/700 when battery less then 15%. Even on the extended battery I was getting pretty crappy life till I used battery calibration to reset battery stats. Now I am getting over 17 hours and still have about 15% left when I charge her for the night. Some background info I keep my wifi on all the time also use 4g and keep GPS on , I have background updates on and used to average about 2.5 gigs a month on my og droid. btw my wife's gnex also gets great battery life after the battery stats reset. Got a couple of screen captures.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

nbucko

Reaction score
You must have some pretty heavy usage on a normal basis. I wouldn't consistent myself a light user but I don't get terrible battery life out of this phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yup having setcpu or no frills will help big time with battery life. I use no frills and run android revolution, significant improvement of battery life over stock.

shanimal92

Reaction score
Yup having setcpu or no frills will help big time with battery life. I use no frills and run android revolution, significant improvement of battery life over stock.

do you know how AR makes your battery life better? im running zygot3 and its SOOO fast and smooth kinda dont want to wanna go back lol.

ænyoc

Reaction score
Looks like you hardly used your screen. That's what limits my use to about 5 or 6hrs... if I'm lucky. Know an app to reduce screen power usage? (Besides turning it off or making it too dim to see.)

Edit: not complaining... I love my gnex. Never far from a charger and the days I had it at work, where I couldn't be on it constantly, I was getting 10+hrs before I plugged it in and it was never about to die.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

Last edited:

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i got 1d8h on mine.. did nothing special. i am just not constantly playing with it.. use it for phone calls and txt.. and some browsing..

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I just flashed ZYGOT3 1.8 over the weekend and noticed on my first full day yesterday that battery life is somewhat improved. I got over 14 hours off charge with over 4 hours of actual use. I just reset the battery stats this morning so we will see how it goes. Also I am not using SetCPU either and this is the standard battery.

wolstonc

Reaction score
I get far better battery life than that with stock battery and not rooted if I use my screen as little as you used yours. I think your tricks are a placebo bro

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get far better battery life than that with stock battery and not rooted if I use my screen as little as you used yours. I think your tricks are a placebo bro

Not every phone is the same. Some phones do require a few "Tricks" here and there to achieve better battery. This is my second GNex. The first got 5-8hrs of battery life even with light use on the extended battery, this second one now gets about 17hrs moderate to light use on the stock battery. Haven't tested out the extended yet. I'll post some shots up soon.

wolstonc

Reaction score
Not every phone is the same. Some phones do require a few "Tricks" here and there to achieve better battery. This is my second GNex. The first got 5-8hrs of battery life even with light use on the extended battery, this second one now gets about 17hrs moderate to light use on the stock battery. Haven't tested out the extended yet. I'll post some shots up soon.

Your moderate use is different than mine. Your screen was barely on in OP pics

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
do you know how AR makes your battery life better? im running zygot3 and its SOOO fast and smooth kinda dont want to wanna go back lol.

Unfortunately I dont have that answer. However it is a benefit of that rom and I have noticed a significant increase in battery. Though that could be due to no frills...

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your moderate use is different than mine. Your screen was barely on in OP pics

Say what? I'm not the OP.. lol. I'm saying in general. Obviously peoples moderate use varies. That's why I put "moderate to light use", or the other way around.

OP
M

mercm3

Reaction score
I am the op, I didn't realize how little I was using it during my Christmas vacation. I'll do more testing when I get back to work this week. Still think it's been getting much better life battery since stats reset.

Jung136

Reaction score
help! I only get 4 hours of moderate use with only 3G on and gps, WiFi, Bluetooth all turned off and the screen at the lowest setting!