A thought on battery life and apps

droidtom

Reaction score
I have a thought on the battery life and apps. The first couple of days my battery life sucked. Now it is getting better and better every day. I'm thinking that there is a possibility that as apps are updated and working better with android 4.0 that overall battery life is improving. I have had better battery life the last 2 days with the standard battery than I did 3 days ago with the extended battery. So I wonder just how much of our bad battery life has to do with poor performing apps at launch.

All I know is that the first 2 days with this phone were the worst battery life I have ever seen with a phone. But the last 2 days have been no problem whatsoever

I do admit that I have gone through and cleaned out of the apps that I was not using. It could have been that 1 of them was the problem. All I know is that if they improve the signal on the phone some then this is it by far the best phone I have ever used

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tacticalfats

Reaction score
Any thoughts as to what apps were causing the issue?

Mine has "improved" marginally. 6 hrs of moderate use had an ext battery down to 20%.

I'm at 72% now after 5:50. That's on wifi with very little use. Os has claimed 48% of that....screen is at 17%.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I know is that the first 2 days with this phone were the worst battery life I have ever seen with a phone. But the last 2 days have been no problem whatsoever
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

You also have to remember your phone is trying to get an idea of what your battery life is actually at software wise because it's never been fully drained or fully charged.

Plus, you're spending probably twice as much time with the phone on the first 2 days you bought the phone because of the excitement. You're also getting automatic updates while you're not looking, which are using battery as well.

There's multiple reasons to have bad battery life your first few days with a new device, app optimization is probably last on that list since most of them still haven't been updated for 4.0.

Now, when we get OS updates from Google, you're bound to see battery life improve as your signal will improve, reducing search time and your OS is more optimized, reducing CPU clock cycles needed to perform tasks.

OP
D

droidtom

Reaction score
I can tell you that i was killing the phone in 5 hrs the first 2 days. now im probably taking the extended battery back. today with a std battery 5% remaining with 11hrs 55 mins and a good bit of use today. yesterday was stellar too on the std battery. ive had better results the last 2 days than i was getting with the ext battery before. i like that the std battery and charger gives a way to have a hot spare anyway. but honestly now im not sure i need a spare battery at all. i will keep the extra just because they gave me a discount on it and you cant beat the deal. but the ext one is going back. no way i need 3 batteries.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk