Should I get the GNex?

codye91

Reaction score
Okay, so this is not a post to start a flame war. Be nice and give me some feedback please. :biggrin:

So, I'm going to steal an upgrade from the madre to get a GNex. I have been waiting for this phone forever, and I almost went and paid full retail for it when it came out, but I'm a broke college student. Not happening. So here is what I need to know... I've seen the hate posts, and I've seen the posts about how amazing this sucker is. Tell me the pros and the cons to my usage. Also, I've decided that there are duds out there that just don't get as good of battery life as some of the others. So listen to my characteristics of usage from my T-Bolt and tell me what you think.

I use a Stock T-Bolt and run in 4G and Wi-Fi during the day. I use JuiceDefender and kill all data while the screen was asleep. I get about 17-20 hours on a regular battery, yes... A regular battery. I used to have my Bolt rooted, but after the Gingerbread update, I never got around to rooting it again. So, I'll be coming from a Bolt and I love my current phone, I just love the Nexus better. So tell me what I'm gonna get and whether I should go for it or not. Side note: I don't want a Razr, so don't suggest it. Thanks! DancingNexus

713King

Reaction score
Definitely yes!! get this phone without even thinking about it. The phone is great, I just got it today and it is amazing :D

TeeX

Reaction score
would highly recommend. I got mine on release day and don't regret it for a second. I've had to have my original replaced, but VZW was a gem to work with and there wasn't an issue.

My problem was that the phone wouldn't hold a signal, Kept getting/dropping the data signal nonstop, obviously something defective about the unit. That'll happen with any product, there's always defective units.

However, after having the GNex, I will NEVER go back to a phone without ICS. It's really wonderful. I've gotten 16 hours off a single charge (with 2.5 hours of display/screen time on). Plus, knowing you have probably the only "developer-friendly" phone that Verizon will ever sell, makes it all-the-more special.

doooooit.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Yeah, get it. This is the phone to get. I got mine on launch day and not once regretted it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

chefb

Reaction score
This is always a question That amuses me because ....look at where you are posting it...you will only get pro gnex responses!!! So that being said...NO!!!!! THE THREE REASONS WHY:

1) No because there are mods out the wazzo, and entirely to much attention and support for this devise!

2) No....because you will learn too much stuff for crying out loud!!!

3) And last but not lest it extreamly large when it in you pocket people approach you and ask " Is that a nexus in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Happy modding see you on the other side!

Diordna

Reaction score
Why don't you want the amazing razr? Don't flame me guys I think the gnex is pretty cool too, i'm just happy Verizon is competition with itself pretty much lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

duyna

Reaction score
I love my gnex after just getting it on launch day its the best Android phone I ever owned only thing is the signal drops on rare occasions I can bare with it. The ability to have control with this phone and set the settings that I get a full days worth out of the battery. Its a lot better than my old Droid 2. I would not switch to another phone for a very long time

Axiom 2.4 powered apex oc kernel 1.4 G-Nex a great combination

t35rk

Reaction score
My advice to a poor college student is to... wait. Yes wait. The price will only drop over the next few months.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
C

codye91

Reaction score
Well, price isn't really the issue. It was only an issue when I wanted to buy it off contract. So, I've seen a lot of 'Yes.' I expected that, but nobody has told me anything I'm going to love about it yet... Which is what I was looking for.