GNex battery life..does it get any worse than this?

alboboy10

Reaction score
Screen on time?

Anyway, OP:
The Nexus takes almost no battery in standbye but will die after about 3.5 hours of screen on time so depending on your usage that could be a regular day of usage or much less.

For me it depends on the day....took no battery on standby at first but now it does if I leave 3g on. And 3.5 hours on a stock battery is not doable. I'll get two at most. I'm at 1.5 hours now on and after 7 hours of pretty heavy use (a lot of texting over 200) and a few calls and also surfing I'm at 42%

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
4.0.3 is supposed to help. Not released yet OTA but available via ROMs.

Yeah I figured..that's why I can't wait to root this phone..just wanna wait at least a week to make sure nothings wrong with the phone..other than that I'm def keeping this phone..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
If you leave it stock, you're probably always going to be wishing for more battery life.

Get the extended battery and flash a custom 4.0.3 rom with a good kernel and all your worries will go away.

That's what I like to hear.. :)

captdroid

Reaction score
I disagree that by using stock 4.0.2 and stock kernel that probably always going to be wishing for more battery life. IMO I get very good battery life actually excellent running stock ROM / kernel.

alboboy10

Reaction score
When I go to data usage my gallery is really high up there. Its third behind YouTube and internet. How does that use so much data

lazarus2297

Reaction score
When I go to data usage my gallery is really high up there. Its third behind YouTube and internet. How does that use so much data
Go to accounts and sync and turn off Google photos from syncing

captdroid

Reaction score

That is weird. I have Google+ and Pictures upload sync enabled and don't see this issue with huge amounts of data usage. Then again I am often using Wifi.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I don't have it on sync. Its not even on my accounts and sync.

Here is a screen shot.

I went back to a screenshot from when I first got the phone and I had screen on for 1 hour 50 minutes and after 9 hours my battery was at 53% which is amazing. And back when I first got the phone I left 4g on all the time. And someone mentioned that they can get 3.5 hours with screen on and I said its not possible...but turns out it is.

This phone can have such great battery life. I only wish there was something in the Android system that told you what is killing your battery the most.

My phone can't do that anymore so obviously something happened with it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327088351290.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327088351290.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 447

vicky1377

Reaction score
I'm stock kernel stock rom as well. I'm getting 12-14 hours on extended battery with less than hours of screen time and less than 20% by android os. Keep awake is around 2-3 hours. I'm rooted unlocked boot loader using setcpu will pretty soon flash few kernels and radios first then some custom roms. Can you share your setcpu profiles. I have about dozen set up. When the phone is in sleep mode I have 350-350 it conserves the battery so much that I can get 30 hours easily if I don't use but when you do use especially on 4g then you see battery drain so damn fast

vicky1377

Reaction score
Yeah I figured..that's why I can't wait to root this phone..just wanna wait at least a week to make sure nothings wrong with the phone..other than that I'm def keeping this phone..

Its OK just root it you can always unroot it and lock the boot loader in case you want to exchange or return:)

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Its OK just root it you can always unroot it and lock the boot loader in case you want to exchange or return:)

Ima gonna ride it out a few more days.. :)

codye91

Reaction score
I'm with you OP. Got mine yesterday and this first day has been painful. Everytime I open an app for a few seconds and close it, I see my battery widget go down 1%. It almost breaks my heart. I'm still in the show-off/play with constantly mood with it and that sure doesn't help. Plus, the screen is just so beautiful that I hate letting it go to sleep. I like the pretty colors.:biggrin: I'm hoping that once it gets the rythm on charge down, battery life will improve somewhat, but an extended battery is definitely in my future.

twright86

Reaction score
Running on Gummyjar ROM @1.35 GHZ, voltage tweaks with the stock battery and about 40 percent brightness.Had 4g running for about 7 hours and wifi for another 7. 14 hours 17 minutes on battery, about 2 hrs 45 minutes of screen on time and 18% battery left. Probably could get another 12 hours idle time out of it, and could probably eclipse the 4 hour mark of screen on time.

Don't even need the extended battery at this point.

To the OP though, I was getting HORRENDOUS battery life (about 6 or 7 hours) when I first got the phone, but after about a week it got better...and then much better when I rooted, rom'ed and tweaked.