Upgraded Droid Razr battery to Razr MAXX--battery reading 1780 instead of 3300

davidmoore0

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr MAXX
Hello everyone. I recently went through the process of converting a Droid Razr to a Droid Razr MAXX. Long story short, I dropped my MAXX on the ground and the screen shattered. I put it into a drawer for a few months until my mom decided she wanted a new phone. I bought a Droid Razr on CraigsList for the screen (guy was selling it cheaper than a used screen online). I thought I switched the logic board with the MAXX but I accidentally reattached the incorrect one and basically the phone is now a Droid Razr with a 3300 mAh battery in a MAXX body kit.

I replaced that battery last week with a new 3300 mAh battery but several battery apps I have downloaded are assuming the battery is 1780 mAh. I already did all the calibrating and factory resets and the device is now rooted. Is there a way to see if the phone itself actually knows how big the battery is or is there any way to change the internal settings to reflect reality?

Thanks!

jp233

Reaction score
Chances are you need to clear the Dalvik cache (need to be rooted and use Safestrap or pay for the paid Ti Backup version or something like that), as well as the regular cache (on the recovery screen or there are numerous other ways to clear the cache)