Droid Razr Maxx released already

vonfink13

Reaction score
I do my research before buying a phone....knowing full well that a new model will be out soon....I got a phone that I will be happy with for two years....maxx...super maxx.....extra super maxx....it doesn't matter to me...if that kinda crap bugged me I woulda gone for an iPhone....they never change...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Better device? Its same phone with an extended battery. Some people buy extended batteries, some don't want added weight/bulk.

Your point would be valid if you could add an extended battery to the Razr, since you can't, it's not valid.

With only 1.8mm added, nearly double the battery life added. I'm betting you'd take the Maxx if they had both available on 11-11.

jdroid80

Reaction score
Your point would be valid if you could add an extended battery to the Razr, since you can't, it's not valid.

With only 1.8mm added, nearly double the battery life added. I'm betting you'd take the Maxx if they had both available on 11-11.

I wouldn't. I never bought an extended battery for any of my phones. If my phone wouldn't last me throughout the day I wouldn't have gotten it.

But the lightness and design is one why I traded my Bionic for the RAZR in the first place.

xmguy

Reaction score
Razr/Bionic situation welcome to the tech world [:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Agreed. Same happened with the Bionic. Bionic came out Sept 8th and the Razr on Nov 11 of 2011 (of course). Just 2 months again. Used to be atleast 6 months. Not anymore. Im sure Motorola will have some software tweaks that the Razr will not have but the Maxx will.

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking a guitar!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I made a trade with someone. But car manufacturers don't release 3 models of a car within a year.

Anyways.. I see why people are frustrated. Instead of releasing a bionic. Razr, razr maxx it may not have killed to just release one killer hyped up phone in January.

Just an opinion.

I respect your opinion. Unfortunately if the did that they would have lost a tremendous portion of market share over the holiday season.

Reaction score
This always makes me chuckle. I just don't understand why so many people get upset about advancing technology.

It is not a race to own the best phone, buy one that you will be happy with for 2 years, and ignore anything else that comes out.

Unless of course, you have the money to constantly buy off contract.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Droid Quadra-Maxx next summer, 2 gHz 4 core! Woo Hoo!

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Eh, not enough to make me want the Maxx. I get great battery life out of my RAZR, and I *love* it!! Not rushing to Verizon to get a Maxx.

surge

Reaction score
I have nothing to be upset about. My Razr is a great phone and is not obsolete. My battery has never been a problem. Why would anyone be pissed about a company continuing to improve their product line. I give Motorola kudos for that.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
But the lightness and design is one why I traded my Bionic for the RAZR in the first place.

Exactly. The razr and bionic are so close, you basically choosing form factor, screen tech and removable battery. An extended battery is hardly anything to get all "already ???" over...lol.

It might matter to some ppl, but this is a some what different form factor.

Ppl that seen me post in bionic vs razr posts know I ask why, they basically the same phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I have nothing to be upset about. My Razr is a great phone and is not obsolete. My battery has never been a problem. Why would anyone be pissed about a company continuing to improve their product line. I give Motorola kudos for that.

I agree this just boosts the life span of the Razr. For someone like me that has time to update, I'll get the one with the biggest battery.
If you have the current Razr, chill you got a great phone.

Also when they say like the Nexus, does it have a removable SD card or is it fixed?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I have nothing to be upset about. My Razr is a great phone and is not obsolete. My battery has never been a problem. Why would anyone be pissed about a company continuing to improve their product line. I give Motorola kudos for that.<br>
<br>
<br><br>I agree this just boosts the life span of the Razr. &nbsp;For someone like me that has time to update, I'll get the one with the biggest battery. &nbsp;<br>If you have the current Razr, chill you got a great phone.<br><br>Also when they say like the Nexus, does it have a&nbsp;removable SD card or is it fixed?&nbsp;

Check out this hands on: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX hands-on - SlashGear

Primevyl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Yin
So a company makes a change BASED on customer complaints and still there are complaints!

Phone value? If you're a phone "broker" I feel for you...seems like a losing profession... buy high sell low

A new phone coming out? Even giving you the benefit of the doubt, that Moto had both in mind at the same time, both phones have different markets they appeal to.

Razr is good. Be happy.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Androidatic

Reaction score

Not necessarily. One of the reasons I went with the Razr was because of it's size. If I wanted a bigger phone I could have got the Nexus.

His point is totally valid. You're not just getting a bigger battery, you are sacrificing size for it so it's a trade off.

Reaction score
Why, so the Maxx is even better than it than the Razr?

Back on point though.....

What is the difference between Moto putting out another device and HTC putting out a better device?

Phones will constantly be improved so why does it matter who builds it? Whether the next phone is a Razr Maxx, an HTC Better Than Rezound or Galaxy S3, the next phone will be better than what we have right now. Just be happy that Moto is looking to improve their products, that's more than what some other companies are doing.

If you wait for the next big thing you'll never get a new phone. Besides, 6 months from now the Razr & Maxx, the Rezound and the GN will be old tech when compared to quad core chips, 2 GB of RAM, 16 MP cameras and better batteries than we have now.

Now, let's just hope that the next Nexus is a Moto and not a Samsung or HTC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Have fun with that ancient obsolete RAZR. Can you even play angry birds on that old paper weight?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk