Droid Razr Maxx released already

Agrajag

Reaction score
I'm pretty pissed about this one. Two months??!?! Are you kidding me? Not even two months. Now that we've seen that it's possible to get the back off the RAZR maybe we can all just order the Maxx battery and pop it into the RAZR carefully?

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Razr/Bionic situation welcome to the tech world [:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty pissed about this one. Two months??!?! Are you kidding me? Not even two months. Now that we've seen that it's possible to get the back off the RAZR maybe we can all just order the Maxx battery and pop it into the RAZR carefully?

The same way Motorola did with the D2. I'm done with Motorola. Samsung is getting my money for once.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jrpbulk

Reaction score
Don't worry be happy, it is all good. 6 months from now .... the maxx will be just as obsolete.

I am a gadget freak early adopter if you do that you pay for the privilege ( i need to stop it is a bad habit, I had my droid inc forever). I routinely get 16 hours on my battery with typical use (no I don't play videos for hours) so I don't see this as a big deal for me. They have been wrong about power each and every time.

Agrajag

Reaction score
Razr/Bionic situation welcome to the tech world [:

Not the same thing. We knew the Razr was coming when the Bionic shipped and it's not the same phone. This one is virtually identical except for the battery (which is an issue) and the RAM.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
Yeah just wait for about 30 days or so and you will have many more options in terms of ICS and super hardware. The Gnex is way over rated.

The same way Motorola did with the D2. I'm done with Motorola. Samsung is getting my money for once.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Little thicker device with a bigger battery is not enough to get me upset. I'm happy with battery life and how thin the device is.

Now come out with a Quad Core and new screen technology on the MAXX and then there is an issue :) Not even the least bit upset.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If Razr owners are satisfied with battery as is then the only thing I would be concerned about would be whether or not the Droid Razr 1 will be as supported in terms of OTA updates. Other then that, seems like the same phone to me..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If Razr owners are satisfied with battery as is then the only thing I would be concerned about would be whether or not the Droid Razr 1 will be as supported in terms of OTA updates. Other then that, seems like the same phone to me..
Same phone. Both will be supported

DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX are powered by the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network and run on Android™ 2.3.5 Gingerbread, to be upgraded to Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Have they released official specs yet comparing the two? I could see this being like a D2 ---> D2G transition where some things are a little off between the two. Will ROMs be interchangeable between the two devices? Same kernels on "OG" DRazr and Maxx?... and I know they are both receiving ICS, but I was thinking in terms of more long term OTA updates, where the original Razr might not get the same bug fix OTAs that the Maxx might receive. Just a possibility in my opinion. I certainly hope Moto doesn't do this. I was strictly Moto until my G-Nex :biggrin:.

jdroid80

Reaction score
The Maxx is just a RAZR with extended battery? 8.9 mm (MAXX) vs 7.1 mm (RAZR1)?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zregnier

Reaction score
This is exactly why I'll never buy a device with unremovable battery. Very happy with my Bionic thus far.

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
Last time I checked my razr works fine and the battery life is fine. One of my favorite things about my razr is how thin it is i'm not sure if I would change that for a slighty bigger battery

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zandar

Reaction score
Wait, are you telling me a mobile device manufacturer came out with a newer model of one of their devices?

NOOOO!!!!! THAT'S UNFAIR!!!!!! GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!!!!

I think some people have never followed tech before. Who cares if they have a quick device upgrade or refresh? It doesn't affect my unit in the slightest. Why would you consider it a plus for a manufacturer to only come out with one or two devices a year, or an insult for them to have rapid releases? You are aware that the average consumer doesn't care, right? Moto's just trying to keep things fresh so they have something new out for everyone's update cycle.