Swap Razr for Razr maxx

Willheis

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped their Razr for a maxx after the 2 week return period? Like is there a way that you could get a maxx through an insurance claim? I'm just wondering because I got my Razr the first week it came out and after my 2 week return period they came out with the maxx. I really love my Razr, but its capabilities are kind of limited due to its short battery life. :/

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no way to do it unless you're within the 30 day return period. Of which you would pay a restocking fee anyway. There's a kit (costs about $100) I believe which can turn you razr into a maxx.

the3dolla

Reaction score
How does this even make sense? Am I missing something here?

"I'm just wondering because I got my Razr the first week it came out and after my 2 week return period they came out with the maxx."

Tha Razr came out on 11/11/11 didn't it? The max released at the end of January 2012, which is about 2.5 months. Either way, nitpicking I guess.

I have a Razr Maxx btw and love it! I almost got the Razr (regular) but it just didn't fit my hand well, too thin!

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
I initially had the Razr and loved it. Had a few issues with it and Big Red upgraded me to the Maxx to help offset for the troubles. Best thing they ever did for me.....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped their Razr for a maxx after the 2 week return period? Like is there a way that you could get a maxx through an insurance claim? I'm just wondering because I got my Razr the first week it came out and after my 2 week return period they came out with the maxx. I really love my Razr, but its capabilities are kind of limited due to its short battery life. :/

No way to do it if you are outside the 15 day return window. Filing an Insurance claim that is bogus is just asinine...as well as illegal and immoral...this is why insurance premiums will continue to rise as well.
How limited is your Razr vs battery life? What kind of battery life are you expecting? Are you in a full time 4G coverage area? Do you have wifi availability...do you take advantage of it? Have you utilized the Smart Actions to negate poor battery performance or extend battery performance?

I only have 4G at work, therefore I have a Smart Action that triggers when I get home that switches me to my home wifi, turns off my GPS and dims the screen. On average, between phone calls, texts, YouTube and Winamp use, and Droid Forums surfing, I get 14-17 hours @ 30% battery left.....

ryanr509

Reaction score
I wish I could get more than 8-10 hours before mine went to 10%! And that's with background data off GPS BT and wifi all off. My weather syncs every hour. A thin dead phone is useless

OP
Willheis

Willheis

Reaction score
BodyBagz said:
No way to do it if you are outside the 15 day return window. Filing an Insurance claim that is bogus is just asinine...as well as illegal and immoral...this is why insurance premiums will continue to rise as well.
How limited is your Razr vs battery life? What kind of battery life are you expecting? Are you in a full time 4G coverage area? Do you have wifi availability...do you take advantage of it? Have you utilized the Smart Actions to negate poor battery performance or extend battery performance?

I only have 4G at work, therefore I have a Smart Action that triggers when I get home that switches me to my home wifi, turns off my GPS and dims the screen. On average, between phone calls, texts, YouTube and Winamp use, and Droid Forums surfing, I get 14-17 hours @ 30% battery left.....

I usually just leave my Razr in 3G and use it occasionally throughout the day. I take it off the charger at around 7 every morning and occasionally use it throughout the day. By around 5 or so its down to 30-15% battery, and any use after that drains it very quickly. Idk, but it may have something to do with the poor reception I have in my work building, but I've notice the same performance when not at work also. So I'm not sure what the deal is.

OP
Willheis

Willheis

Reaction score
ryanr509 said:
I wish I could get more than 8-10 hours before mine went to 10%! And that's with background data off GPS BT and wifi all off. My weather syncs every hour. A thin dead phone is useless

That's how I'm starting to feel about mine. Lol but I love when it is actually charged.

dsprik

Reaction score
Might be easier to just get a portable pack. Many good ones on the market now for <$79. I just picked one up from Best Buy, but there are several good ones from Amazon.com also (cheaper than Best Buy). Most with a smaller footprint than Razr itself - can easily carry it in your pocket.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Willheis said:
I usually just leave my Razr in 3G and use it occasionally throughout the day. I take it off the charger at around 7 every morning and occasionally use it throughout the day. By around 5 or so its down to 30-15% battery, and any use after that drains it very quickly. Idk, but it may have something to do with the poor reception I have in my work building, but I've notice the same performance when not at work also. So I'm not sure what the deal is.
If you are stock, then my best guess would be the signal quality...3G is a drain as well if the signal is weak...hence swapping to wifi if it's available. I would also suggest increasing the polling time for weather...or does your weather change drastically every hour?...LOL

I have my weather set to refresh every 6 hours or on a manual refresh. Email is Sync on wifi only since I don't need my email for my job...you may need it so change as necessary. Market/downloads are also wifi only...I'm at work, not like I will be downloading apps while laying under a Army truck. GPS & BT are both off as well and only get turned on when needed. Not much else I can offer...good luck..

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Portable battery backs are okay, but I don't want to carry "just one more thing".
I ordered the upgrade. I can't wait....

ryanr509

Reaction score
It shouldn't affect the water resistance because I think all the components were just sprayed down with a water repellent type of thing. Don't think it is sealed water tight

Kimo91

Reaction score
I swapped my Razr for the Razr Maxx cause of the battery issue and they did it no questions asked no need to pay an upgrade. Just politely pleaded my case, listened to both CS and supervisor and they agreed that with what I do and where I work that the Maxx would be better than getting another Razr. I've had my Razr Maxx for 3 weeks now and love the battery life.

Sent from my Sith powered and rooted DROID RAZR MAXX