Turn Your RAZR Into a Maxx for $110

marlonvps

Reaction score
i have a dream that one day we can build our own devices with already made parts much like building a pc

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree my RAZR battery life is probably better than I expected. It definitely doesnt suck IMO. At the same time I wouldn't mind the extra umphh a massive battery like that gives. And if these new wave of phones don't offer massive stock batteries or better battery life....I will be doing either this or getting a Maxx. At least this way I don't have to extend my contract. (I was gonna try that RAZR to Maxx deal Verizon was offering) I do have another recent phone giving me data and phone issues....I might can use that to get a Maxx from Verizon...lol.

Either way its a good option for folks willing to try. I need to just hurry up and order my Anker or some other small external battery...lol.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I think everyone entertaining this idea should video tape their endeavour trying this. Oops, broke generic pry tool. Cheap plastic. Oops broke OEM pry tool. Bad design, that's why there's a generic designed one. Aah, butter knife or "RAZR" blade. Why hell, that's why it's called a "RAZR" blade. Oops, didn't need that finger much anyways. (Pause recorder until you get back from the ER). Butter knife much better idea. Etc.
Probably 1 or 2 out of 10 will have a positive outcome from this method.
Plan B; MOTO should and probably will offer the same fix/repair eventually down the road.
Good luck to those that try.
Living on the Razr's edge, "strop" aside.

monkey_man

Reaction score
i have a dream that one day we can build our own devices with already made parts much like building a pc

This for me would be a Nightmare! :icon_eek: This is what I hate about PC at times.. lack of support and sucks for gaming if there are varieties of systems.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So the parts are moto.... but its not being offered by moto?? Bah... I'm an idiot when I'm tired lmao. Of course its not offered by moto... this is a warranty voiding escapade lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited: