***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

beckamgop

Reaction score
My phone gets to the fastboot screen and then hangs.Tried it 20 times. Will not finish step one for some reason. Very frustrating.

sent from Dali's moustache.

That's what kept happening to me. Decided just to learn ADB instead.

bL33d

Reaction score
Got a thunderbolt on the way. Kinda sux there's no easy root I mean I used adb to root my og droid but just seems old school.

PikaCane

Reaction score
Mine went through the whole process with what looked like success after a couple of tries, but I don't have root. I have superuser in the app drawer, but nothing can get su. I've seen posts where this happened to other people, and they were advised to repeat steps two and three; I've done both repeatedly, although repeating step three without redoing two just has the computer screen blink a "Congradulations!" message without rebooting the phone. Sigh.

phreek

Reaction score
My new Thunderbolt will be here on Thursday. Can't wait! Hopefully I won't have all the crazy issues with rooting that some of you seem to have had...

brybe

Reaction score
I am having an issue pushing the files.

I originally started pushing files with onlyl the root.exe file (didn't download the main bundle of files), and therefore got several errors due to the missing ADB. After I closed out of the root.exe, downloaded the files, and tried again, I am getting a quick list of 5ish things that it says it is pushing. This takes <2 seconds then I expect it is supposed to reset.

I don't think it is pushing the files though, and it is not resetting. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

(ps I have WIFI off, debug enabled, and am in charge only mode)

EDIT: Solved the problem with a hard reset. Root successful.

Last edited:

phreek

Reaction score
I am having an issue pushing the files.

I originally started pushing files with onlyl the root.exe file (didn't download the main bundle of files), and therefore got several errors due to the missing ADB. After I closed out of the root.exe, downloaded the files, and tried again, I am getting a quick list of 5ish things that it says it is pushing. This takes <2 seconds then I expect it is supposed to reset.

I don't think it is pushing the files though, and it is not resetting. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

(ps I have WIFI off, debug enabled, and am in charge only mode)

EDIT: Solved the problem with a hard reset. Root successful.

Been trying all day to get this to work, hopefully the hard reboot works for me.

Darn, didn't work for me... :/

Last edited:

Hangtenboy

Reaction score
Phone would not restart

Hope this helps and I did see it somewhere else but when my phone would not reboot after Step 1 then I did 2 different things

Switched from the usb port on the side of my laptop to the one on the back: That didn't fix it

Then I ran rooter.exe as administrator in Vista and BAMM! It worked finally! Hope this will help someone else!

goresnet

Reaction score
Can you root after the new OTA? I'm not off work till next weekend, and planning to root then. Right now the OTA is not available to me, but I imagine it will be this week. In planning to root, should I plan on avoiding this OTA?

airjunkies2000

Reaction score
I new here and been trying to root my phone, when I enable debugging, It doesn't say anything about pushing files....can someone help me on this

Sholiver

Reaction score
Soooo im not sure if this was covered but i have version 1.70.605.0 and i want to know if i can still root it or what? lol

firefighter

Reaction score
Removal of PG05IMG.zip

Did I see mentioned at the end of the rooting process to remove/delete PG05IMG.zip?

DanSan

Reaction score
i made this video awhile back when i first got my phone, figured it would help some people out.

[video=youtube;g8GCeUYz-UM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8GCeUYz-UM[/video]

john.pratt1321

Reaction score
I am looking to root, but am VERY nervous and weary about doing it. I'm 16, and don't know much when it comes to acronyms or anything. I know what the phone is called, some specs, and how to use its basic functions. That's it. So before I go any further, let me just ask: Does this effect the features of the phone itself. For example.. can I still text fine, call fine, check email, go on facebook, etc. After all, I am a kid, so my phone is for communication more than anything. Also, I know it wipes your phone. How do I get back/ restore it? Or is there a way? I have over 300 pictures and over 100 contacts I really don't want to get rid of if I can help it. So if it's impossible to get them back, then let me know. Moving on.. does the Android Market still work fine after the root? Like will I still be able to download all of my apps and things, or no? How smooth is everything? Is it glitchy and cheap looking, or is it crisp and clean; professonal looking? What is "bricking" and how can I avoid it? (if I can avoid it at all) My parents are pretty strict when it comes to me doing this kind of stuff, so I need to know it will be safe in the end. Afterall.. it's really just visual stuff, so if there are a lot of risks, I just won't do it. Which leads me to my most important question.. will any/ most of the features come with the Gingerbread update? If so, what will I be getting? Anyone who has read this until here is a freaking awesome person who deserves a cookie! :D Anyways, any and all the help you can give would be HUGELY appreciated. Thanks.

Doulandroid

Reaction score
You ask all the right questions john.pratt, but you should do alot more reading /research before attempting root imho. Maybe wait for GB update cause switching radios is tricky. HTC has said they are going to unlock bootloaders anyway,so you may want to take the path of least resistance and be patient for now.
If you don't know what you are missing, read more on all the forums. Knowledge is power and you will get more help if you can speak the language. Hope this helps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums