***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

scottolyer

Reaction score
Never rooted before

I have never rooted before or even owned any smart phone before but I want to try this out so I can hopefully get my battery life to increase and finally get rid of all the bloat wear on my phone. I think I can accomplish it but I was wondering if there is anyone who would be willing to help me out with it. I could give them access to my computer via Logmein free or something like that. I work tech support for computers but this is my first encounter with any sort of smart phone. So i would really appreciate any help someone would be willing to give me.

Also, my windows is 64 bit so will this root work on that OS or is there a seperate download for the proper files needed?

Ibota IT Consulting

Reaction score
Works great!

Thanks, everyone. Daethian, your summary was invaluable--without it I would not have thought to disable Fast Boot.

Notes to would be rooters:
  • I had to exit rooter.exe and restart after each step.
  • I had to run Step 3 3x times before it actually rebooted my phone (and granted root access).
Thanks again and happy rooting!
-Roland

Last edited:

hellfire

Reaction score
Alright, gonna try that. Slight problem in that Rom Manager doesn't seem to be allowed root access(I get an error saying "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands").

Go grab the SuperUser from the market. There's a patch for to work on the TB over at xda. Clockworkmod isn't flashed at this point.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

All fixed up, got a ROM up and running (Tesla Coil), the newest available build of CW and an adrynalyne kernel.

I'm satisfied.

What did you do to fix the permission issue? Mine is doing the exact same. And I noticed that it actually doesn't allow any applications to run requiring root. I have the SU app and the phone went through all 3 steps seemingly perfect. Not sure what happened.

Thanks,
Tyler

Ibota IT Consulting

Reaction score
"an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands"

I had the same issue. I just ran Step 3 three times until is actually rebooted by phone, then on reboot that went away.

-Roland

hellfire

Reaction score
Hahah. Well that was easy enough. Guess I just had to click it once more. All good now, thanks!

MCdevil58

Reaction score
Do i have to have ADB installed on my cpu for this to work or do i just open the program and start with step 1

1android

Reaction score
seems like there are sooooo many people that are getting stuck or frustrated with this "EASY" method. I think I'm gonna just do the long manual option. it looks like it takes longer but there is a great video with step by step instructions. For a person like myself who has never rooted, I need step by step talk to me like I am a ratard type of thing.

billjohnson

Reaction score
Maybe threatening the easy method will work. Right when I was going to perform the manual root (extremely easy anyways...) this method worked for me. Odd.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I wonder when UNREVOKED will have the TBOLT rooting process ready.
I hear its much easier then this "easy method"

MCdevil58

Reaction score
i got root to work but for some reason i have the old market on my phone again

EDIT: nvm fixed itself

Last edited:

RVC

Reaction score
Successful! After 3 hours!

Last edited:

Angeliksmyle

Reaction score
Maybe

OK... just helping out a little. It may seem like the dumbest response ever... but after 2 or 3 times of repeating step 3.... I found out my debugging was staying on... so, I turned it off and WAHLAAA.... CWMod allowed permissions.

I'm not an expert in this stuff at all. I have no idea if this would even make a difference, or if it was just a coincidence... but maybe it would help someone out.