Up Grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooddale

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Verizon if you are the primary line (phone ) on your contract you will be able to upgrade after only 1 year. They are doing this to get more people to buy. Now I spoke to a guy on the phone so take it for what its worth he sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Call yourself.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You've always been able to early upgrade after 10 months. That's nothing new. Now you don't get any discount for doing so. Paying full retail will suck.

OP
wooddale

wooddale

Reaction score
You've always been able to early upgrade after 10 months. That's nothing new. Now you don't get any discount for doing so. Paying full retail will suck.
Ill call them back again but if you pay full price you dont have to be eligible so dont make no sense

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ill call them back again but if you pay full price you dont have to be eligible so dont make no sense

VZW changed their rules earlier this year.

wseyller

Reaction score

You sure you didn't mean something else. I don't think you would pay full retail, because anyone can walk in anytime and pay full retail. I could go in and buy ten phones at retail price if I wanted to. It would ruin the point of the early upgrade.

OP
wooddale

wooddale

Reaction score
called back again they did change the rules but I bought my last phone july 2010 so I am still eligible for up grade with 2year contract. So if phone is$299 thats what I will pay.

fatpomp

Reaction score

You don't get to use any discounts like NE2 but you pay the two year price not full retail.

OP
wooddale

wooddale

Reaction score
You don't get to use any discounts like NE2 but you pay the two year price not full retail.

You are exactly wright. But since this last July (2011) its every 2 years.

OP
wooddale

wooddale

Reaction score
You can upgrade after 20 months. You don't have to wait the full two years.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
20 months you get discount also so if phone costs $299 with 2yr you only pay $150

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
20 months you get discount also so if phone costs $299 with 2yr you only pay $150

Are you sure about this? I haven't called Verizon to check but now I'm curious. I'm still holding on to my final NE2 from May of this year. Are you telling me I could get a Bionic for $150 (assuming it's $299) when it launches? That can't be right is it?

OP
wooddale

wooddale

Reaction score
Are you sure about this? I haven't called Verizon to check but now I'm curious. I'm still holding on to my final NE2 from May of this year. Are you telling me I could get a Bionic for $150 (assuming it's $299) when it launches? That can't be right is it?

No if you bought your phone prior to july of 2011 you could get a new phone for $299(assuming) other wise you are eligable for upgrade in 20 months and you get $50 discount. So in May 2012 you could buy it for $299 if you wait 20 months you get $50 discount $150 hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
No if you bought your phone prior to july of 2011 you could get a new phone for $299(assuming) other wise you are eligable for upgrade in 20 months and you get $50 discount. So in May 2012 you could buy it for $299 if you wait 20 months you get $50 discount $150 hope that makes sense.

Clear as mud. I don't think your math is adding up or I just don't follow.

Follow me: I'm currently eligible for an upgrade. This is my final new every two. I've been eligible since April 2011, prior to July when Verizon changed their terms. If the Bionic drops at $299 next week, what can I expect to pay? I was told $249, but you're saying $150?

wseyller

Reaction score
I think the one last time to use the NE2 is either $50 or $100 off depending on different circumstances. Also i'm pretty sure it is only for the primary account holder. I wish people would mention that when describing this.

OP
wooddale

wooddale

Reaction score
Clear as mud. I don't think your math is adding up or I just don't follow.

Follow me: I'm currently eligible for an upgrade. This is my final new every two. I've been eligible since April 2011, prior to July when Verizon changed their terms. If the Bionic drops at $299 next week, what can I expect to pay? I was told $249, but you're saying $150?
Im sorry I feel like such a dummy you are wright should be $250. Happens every time I try to multi task

Status
Not open for further replies.