Unofficial MIUI Modded Edition

kruizin

Addicted to ROM
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fix only works if upgrading from a build that has "ro.build.id=FRG22D" in the build.prop file. Your Swype will not work when you upgrade to next week's release because the Devs will have changed the build tag once again.

"Ah, I see" said the blind man!

Lewis

I have updated the Swype fix in the main thread. It now works 100% of the time regardless of what your build.prop says. It also is future proof and guarantees that Swype will work upon future D1-MIUI upgrades. However, if an update for Swype comes out and you install it, this problem WILL come back.
I'm a little confused. I can't get Swype to work at all. All I get is force closes. What am I doing wrong? And no, I'm not an "official" beta tester. What steps do I need to take exactly to get this to work. I've already tried the suggestions previously posted.

thanks!

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
SMALL UPDATE: Updated Mod to v2. No need to update unless you use Google Talk, Car Home, or Swype.
  • Fixed Google Talk not showing up (doesn't work when in "/data/app" folder).
  • Fixed Car Home Launcher not working correctly (doesn't work when in "/data/app" folder).
  • Fixed Swype not registering correctly when changing ROMS or updating to newer builds of Android.

One thing I noticed earlier tonight was when I uninstalled the prepackaged Google Search, I couldn't install the market version. Even though they may update themselves, I hate seeing an app sitting in the market labeled as "free", when I'm fairly certain I have it. To correct this, could I just move it from /data/app and put it in to /system/app?

Why are you trying to update it? I have included the latest version from the Market. Anyways, my mod has always had a script included in it that helps you quickly move Google Search back and forth from system to data.

Usage: search [-dp] [-sp]

Options:
-dp moves search app to data partition
-sp moves search app to system partition

To Run The Script:
Open Terminal
If you want to move the app to system type "search -sp" no quotes.
If you want to move the app to data type "search -dp" no quotes.

i just wanted to link it to the market, but i guess it's not necessary. I didn't realize you had that script in the mod. Thanks for the help/headsup!

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
SMALL UPDATE: Updated Mod to v2. No need to update unless you use Google Talk, Car Home, or Swype.
  • Fixed Google Talk not showing up (doesn't work when in "/data/app" folder).
  • Fixed Car Home Launcher not working correctly (doesn't work when in "/data/app" folder).
  • Fixed Swype not registering correctly when changing ROMS or updating to newer builds of Android.

One thing I noticed earlier tonight was when I uninstalled the prepackaged Google Search, I couldn't install the market version. Even though they may update themselves, I hate seeing an app sitting in the market labeled as "free", when I'm fairly certain I have it. To correct this, could I just move it from /data/app and put it in to /system/app?

Two things:
1. The search button will not function on the home screen unless Google Search is in /system/app

2. If you uninstall an app that is available in the market from /system/app, you MUST reboot before installing from the Market

Also, yes, if you uninstalled it and re-installed from the market, you can move it into /system/app and reboot and the search key will function. It sounds like Jrizzill has a script designed to make this even easier.

thanks for clearing it up. Although, when i uninstalled the search via Ti last night and rebooted, i couldnt install search from the market. I couldnt figure out why because the version i uninstalled wasnt in /system/app when i tried installing it from the market. No biggie either way as it's not really that big of an issue.

Ozzie

Reaction score
...so are these fixes still valid with the 6.3 update to the rom?

I have these with 6.2 along with davros' theme and I'm having a hard time giving it up...

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
...so are these fixes still valid with the 6.3 update to the rom?

I have these with 6.2 along with davros' theme and I'm having a hard time giving it up...

Yea, the v6.2-Mod-v2 fixes were still compatible with v6.3. He only updated 3 files, removed like 7, and added 2. Since my mod wasn't using the stock Market, we weren't having the issues they were having. There was one edit in the build.prop where he set the heapsize back to 32m -- so I think I'll just push out a new update keeping in line with that.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
SMALL UPDATE: Updated Mod to v6.3-Mod-v1. Changes since v6.2-Mod-v2:.
  • Now Compatible With Latest D1-MIUI Build (0.10.29-v6.3)
  • Re-created Boot Animation To Be Cleaner & Droid-Specific
  • Added Modified Email App That Bypasses Exchange Protocols
  • Added Official MIUI "apply_theme" Terminal Script To Xbin

maximvid

Reaction score
Wireless tether force closes. Is it because the stock 6.3 version shows the donate screen and you have the ads bypassed?

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised

Ozzie

Reaction score
Good catch metiCK...I read about the VM heap size in another thread, so I grabbed the tool just to be sure.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
I also changed the build.prop not just the line. It's a straight up CM build.prop except the mod version and display Id have the roms name and VM heap size was changed to 32.

Yup I saw this, but I already had the changes you made minus like three lines. Good lookin out!

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Wireless tether force closes. Is it because the stock 6.3 version shows the donate screen and you have the ads bypassed?

If you are having problems with Wired or Wireless tether it may be an issue with either the tethering binaries or your tethering settings. From the main tether screen, try going to Menu->Setup->Menu->Reinstall binaries/configs. Let me know if this works.

ipadl

Reaction score
Jzrill,

Can you tell me what your exchange mods have done? This is the line item in your Changelog that I am referring to:

Added Modified Email App That Bypasses Exchange Protocols

I have been having some problems with MIUI loading all of my exchange contacts. Does this address this problem is does it do something else?

Thanks,

Seth