Unofficial MIUI Modded Edition

lsdozer

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get swype installed? I cant even even get the installer to load.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

My Swype is working perfectly. I first flashed the official 6.2 and installed Swype. Then I saw this modded version and the "fix" so I flashed the modded Rom and then the fix, and was unable to get Swype working, so I flashed back to my Official 6.2, then flashed the modded 6.2 and Swype worked perfectly without re-registering it or flashing the "fix"

Lewis

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get swype installed? I cant even even get the installer to load.

My Swype is working perfectly. I first flashed the official 6.2 and installed Swype. Then I saw this modded version and the "fix" so I flashed the modded Rom and then the fix, and was unable to get Swype working, so I flashed back to my Official 6.2, then flashed the modded 6.2 and Swype worked perfectly without re-registering it or flashing the "fix"

Lewis

The fix only works if upgrading from a build that has "ro.build.id=FRG22D" in the build.prop file. Your Swype will not work when you upgrade to next week's release because the Devs will have changed the build tag once again.

lsdozer

Reaction score

Lewis

The fix only works if upgrading from a build that has "ro.build.id=FRG22D" in the build.prop file. Your Swype will not work when you upgrade to next week's release because the Devs will have changed the build tag once again.

"Ah, I see" said the blind man!

Lewis

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

Lewis

"Ah, I see" said the blind man!

Lewis

I have updated the Swype fix in the main thread. It now works 100% of the time regardless of what your build.prop says. It also is future proof and guarantees that Swype will work upon future D1-MIUI upgrades. However, if an update for Swype comes out and you install it, this problem WILL come back.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
SMALL UPDATE: Updated Mod to v2. No need to update unless you use Google Talk, Car Home, or Swype.
  • Fixed Google Talk not showing up (doesn't work when in "/data/app" folder).
  • Fixed Car Home Launcher not working correctly (doesn't work when in "/data/app" folder).
  • Fixed Swype not registering correctly when changing ROMS or updating to newer builds of Android.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Way to stay on it! Much appreciated...I have your updates with the davros theme and it's kickin' booty!

Who did the work on the folders...they are much more responsive now.

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
SMALL UPDATE: Updated Mod to v2. No need to update unless you use Google Talk, Car Home, or Swype.
  • Fixed Car Home Launcher not working correctly (doesn't work when in "/data/app" folder).
  • Fixed Swype not registering correctly when changing ROMS or updating to newer builds of Android.

One thing I noticed earlier tonight was when I uninstalled the prepackaged Google Search, I couldn't install the market version. Even though they may update themselves, I hate seeing an app sitting in the market labeled as "free", when I'm fairly certain I have it. To correct this, could I just move it from /data/app and put it in to /system/app?

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

One thing I noticed earlier tonight was when I uninstalled the prepackaged Google Search, I couldn't install the market version. Even though they may update themselves, I hate seeing an app sitting in the market labeled as "free", when I'm fairly certain I have it. To correct this, could I just move it from /data/app and put it in to /system/app?

Why are you trying to update it? I have included the latest version from the Market. Anyways, my mod has always had a script included in it that helps you quickly move Google Search back and forth from system to data.

Usage: search [-dp] [-sp]

Options:
-dp moves search app to data partition
-sp moves search app to system partition

To Run The Script:
Open Terminal
If you want to move the app to system type "search -sp" no quotes.
If you want to move the app to data type "search -dp" no quotes.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
I was bored and noticed that the new MIUI boot animation was a little blurry and a bit flickery in some spots, so I took some time and re-created it from scratch. I think my version is a bit more pleasing to watch. Enjoy.

Download here. Works on any ROM version.

[video=youtube;AmMqVxX0Y_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmMqVxX0Y_Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmMqVxX0Y_Q[/video]

publicanimal

Reaction score

Two things:
1. The search button will not function on the home screen unless Google Search is in /system/app

2. If you uninstall an app that is available in the market from /system/app, you MUST reboot before installing from the Market

Also, yes, if you uninstalled it and re-installed from the market, you can move it into /system/app and reboot and the search key will function. It sounds like Jrizzill has a script designed to make this even easier.

publicanimal

Reaction score
I was bored and noticed that the new MIUI boot animation was a little blurry and a bit flickery in some spots, so I took some time and re-created it from scratch. I think my version is a bit more pleasing to watch. Enjoy.

I like how you made it full screen, the old one didn't quite take up the full screen. Good job. One minor quibble is when the Android guy pops up from the bottom on yours it looks a little bit choppy, which I'm guessing could be fixed by spreading it out over more frames, which would probably take a really long time to do.

Otherwise, it's great.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

I like how you made it full screen, the old one didn't quite take up the full screen. Good job. One minor quibble is when the Android guy pops up from the bottom on yours it looks a little bit choppy, which I'm guessing could be fixed by spreading it out over more frames, which would probably take a really long time to do.

Otherwise, it's great.

Yea, I made this one the exact resolution of the Droid screen. It might look choppy on your phone, but it's very smooth in the actual animation. I suppose I could compensate for how the phone renders it and make it a bit slower. Or better yet, right now it's playing at 30FPS, maybe I could slow it down to like 20. I don't know why you think it would take long to do -- I designed this from scratch using Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects in less than 2 hours and I didn't re-use anything from the original animation because it was low quality.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Ahh, I see what you are saying about the guy coming in choppy. The animation is perfect, but it seems that when the phone is booting it plays the animation a lot slower than its intended framerate. So to compensate for the phone's sluggishness at boot, I tweaked some of the keyframes in the animation. It's perfect now. Download.