unmounted my sd card from droid, where do i remount

ucpro

Reaction score
the usb isn't being recognized on my phone when i hooked it to the computer, so i went to sd card settings and i unmounted the card from the phone, now i can't find where to remount it at. i just get the option to format. does anybody know how to remount it without formatting?

zegolf

Reaction score
the usb isn't being recognized on my phone when i hooked it to the computer, so i went to sd card settings and i unmounted the card from the phone, now i can't find where to remount it at. i just get the option to format. does anybody know how to remount it without formatting?

Maybe try unplugging the phone from your computer? If that doesn't work, power cycle the phone and it should re-recognize the phone.

What type of computer are you using?

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
yea that worked, i turned it off then took the sd card out and out it back in and it recognized it when i turned the phone back on. I don't understand the purpose of having an option to unmount the sd card when u still have to turn the phone off to get it out

Fleury14

Reaction score
Pull down the status bar.The USB pic should show up. when you open it the mount option will pop up.

zegolf

Reaction score
yea that worked, i turned it off then took the sd card out and out it back in and it recognized it when i turned the phone back on. I don't understand the purpose of having an option to unmount the sd card when u still have to turn the phone off to get it out

When you unmount the card, you're unmounting it from the phone, which essentially takes it out of the mode that allows you to copy to and from it via pc. You shouldn't have to power cycle the phone every time you want to plug it into you computer.

Of course, in order to actually (physically) take the card out of the phone, you have to pull the battery.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
u can go into settings-sd card and u can unmount it from there too, it just doesn't have an option for u to remount

averma1

Reaction score
u can go into settings-sd card and u can unmount it from there too, it just doesn't have an option for u to remount

Umm guys, that options for safe removal (kind of useless cuz we have to pull the battery anyways to get the SD out,) but basically your never going to use that option in the settings.

You should never have to unmount the SD on the droid unless your formatting it (erasing everything on it)

what your looking for is when you plug your phone via USB into the computer, theirs a notification that comes up. click on it, click on "Mount" (not unmount) or "Mass storage mode" or something similar and it will connect to the computer.

it will show up on the computer as a USB drive, when your done transferring go to the bottom right corner of your computer screen and "safely remove" the drive.

then just unplug the usb cable, the phone will do a quick check of the memory card and it will make a "bing" sound and be accessible on the phone again. the notification on the top will go away when it makes the sound

thats the procedure that works on mine and my older HTC magic, so unless i'm totally out to lunch (mmmmm..Lunch) it should be the same on yours

Last edited:

Eviper44

Reaction score
I used the option to connect as a USB drive. Still can not see SD card in File Explorer. Can see it on phone when i use phone.
1) how do i see the SD Card when connect to PC
2) How do I et Music App to Find music ON SD Card if I can ever get music to go thier?

HTC Incredible (Verizon) Using Astro File on phone
Default Music player on phone

PC:
Vista 64