turns on when charging

izzysmom

Reaction score
Here's the Scenerio: -- I power down my phone, say, for the night. (long press on the wake button and then POWER OFF option) I plug it in to charge overnight...and a few seconds after I plug the sucker in...it turns itself on...

Is that on purpose...a bug...or another setting somewhere in a menu that I need to set???

LT*

Reaction score
That's by design. Not sure why, but it is.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
yup, Screen can be off but the device is On while charging....

phatkat66

Reaction score
A neat trick you can even take out the battery completely leave it out and still turn on the phone =) lol i was freakin out when i did it cuz your battery icon will have a ? in it

Ej4

Reaction score
Why not plug it in then turn it off.

phatkat66

Reaction score
It turns back on if plugged in a wall charger, will only stay powered off while plugged in a usb port to a computer

brando56894

Reaction score
plugging it in then turning it off will cause it to immediately power back on, I found this out when I wanted to charge my battery quickly and figured it would be quicker to turn it off while charging and it turned right back on.

ewells2420

Reaction score
Only reason I can see for this is, only the display eats up most of the battery power. So unless you are actively using it while charging, it probably wouldnt charge much faster if turned completely off while charging.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why not plug it in then turn it off.

Will that work? I just assumed that plugged in now means turned ON...

No, If it's off it will turn on when plugged into an AC Charger....No way around it.
It does not turn on with USB Charging due to the slower and lower powered charge.

OP
I

izzysmom

Reaction score
That's just so bizzare...you should be able to leave it off and have it plugged in at the same time. Sometimes....Droid Does....weird stuff.