wont stay powered off when plugged in

goldbergs

Reaction score
I am currently in another country and want to make sure the DROID stays powered off so I can't possibly ROAM. However, when I plug th charger in, the DROID wakes up and fully powers up. I have set airplane mode so hopefully the phone is off, but why won't it stay off? I press the power switch for a few secons, do the power off and confirm it. The DROID powers off and then a few seconds later powers on again.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's designed to do that. The October memo listing things about the Droid and the updates said it would power up. I believe that when you plug it in, it assumes you're going to use either the Home dock or the Car dock.

thelion

Reaction score
In airplane mode it cannot make phone calls so you are G2G. It is designed to turn on when charging. Just the way it is. If it is off all the time, why are you plugging it in? It wont die while turned off...

Itamar

Reaction score
To prevent roaming, go to: Settings> Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > System Select > Home Only. This will keep the phone from roaming. Side note: with the Verizon network as complete as it is, it's unlikely you would ever roam anyway.