Phone won't stay powered off. Why?

kms1325

Reaction score
When I power off (and not plugged into charger) my phone automatically restarts. Any ideas why?

Thanks!

markmicallef

Reaction score
That's normal, The only way to charge it and keep the phone off is to charge it with the computer usb plug.

OMEGA5

Reaction score
It's Skynet, and your Droid has become self-aware. And so it begins.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Maybe a battery pull would help? Odd that it would restart from being fully powered off, not just screen locked. I can't even see how any app would have the ability to restart when the OS isn't even loaded. That's provided that when you say powered off, you mean powered off: long press on the power button, power off selected. And when you say restart, you mean it goes through the minute long Motorola and Droid logo screens.

That might be one for the tech support desk at the VzW store.

OP
K

kms1325

Reaction score
Maybe a battery pull would help? Odd that it would restart from being fully powered off, not just screen locked. I can't even see how any app would have the ability to restart when the OS isn't even loaded. That's provided that when you say powered off, you mean powered off: long press on the power button, power off selected. And when you say restart, you mean it goes through the minute long Motorola and Droid logo screens.

That might be one for the tech support desk at the VzW store.

Yeah I long press the power button, power off selected, then it goes black for 3sec and then motorola logo comes up and the phone powers right back up. Hmmm....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would be making a trip to VZW...

Sleeve

Reaction score
Defective power button? Short circuiting and turning back on? As long as you're keeping it away from ridiculous humidity like a closed bathroom during a shower and this isn't just after a long cardio workout while you're wearing it somehow, I think you need a replacement.