Powering off

cuskit

Reaction score
How come when I power off my droid and plug it in for the night to charge, it turns back on automaticly after a few minutes.
Droids are always on when charging. It's in the manual. ;) Which you can only get by going on the Motorola website and requesting it - they send it out immediately! Wonder why they just don't include it with the phone.. You can also download a pdf file of the manual - but it's nice to have the hard copy.

And yes - the Droids do get very attached to their owners - a real love affair! :)

mike

travis man

Reaction score
That's probably the one thing I hate most re: Droid. I'd like to power it off and charge it for the nite w/o restarting (and lighting up my bedroom like a super-duper nite lite!). So, instead, i flip it over (room-darkening mode) and then, cuz of its touch-screen and being flipped over, it randomly calls contacts out of my phonebook (repeatedly, no less!) while i'm sleeping. pretty cool, huh?? this needs to be fixed, asap.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How come when I power off my droid and plug it in for the night to charge, it turns back on automaticly after a few minutes.
Droids are always on when charging. It's in the manual. ;) Which you can only get by going on the Motorola website and requesting it - they send it out immediately! Wonder why they just don't include it with the phone.. You can also download a pdf file of the manual - but it's nice to have the hard copy.

And yes - the Droids do get very attached to their owners - a real love affair! :)

mike

Which is weird because if you connect it to a computer via usb and are charging it that way... you CAN turn it off and it will stay off, and still charge (well it at least appears to be)

travis man

Reaction score
Hadn't thought of checking that. U r absolutely rite, it turns off/stays off while tethered to the laptop. Interesting...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hadn't thought of checking that. U r absolutely rite, it turns off/stays off while tethered to the laptop. Interesting...

I believe it has something to do with the difference in power supplied to the unit.

Maybe a built-in way to charge faster when hooked up to a computer, since it does charge slower.

R

racklefratz

I believe it has something to do with the difference in power supplied to the unit. Maybe a built-in way to charge faster when hooked up to a computer, since it does charge slower.

While I agree that it may have to do with the different power available, I still don't understand why the designers didn't decide to let users make the decision, instead of forcing them to leave the phone on when charging on 110v. I mean, if the user/owner wants it off, why not allow it? Doesn't make sense to me.

radioz

Reaction score
I also was suprised that it turned back on when connected to the charger.

I have found that you can press the power button to at least put it to sleep. This will turn off the display.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

mike

Which is weird because if you connect it to a computer via usb and are charging it that way... you CAN turn it off and it will stay off, and still charge (well it at least appears to be)

works if it's on PC, but not through the wall charger. it's very strange

R

racklefratz

I have found that you can press the power button to at least put it to sleep. This will turn off the display.

Reason most people want to turn it completely off is so it won't wake them up if someone calls in the middle of the night.

raven1911

Reaction score

This is what I do as well since I don't like the "night light affect".

Jason

Reaction score

Reason most people want to turn it completely off is so it won't wake them up if someone calls in the middle of the night.
Well you could still put it in airplane mode

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe it has something to do with the difference in power supplied to the unit. Maybe a built-in way to charge faster when hooked up to a computer, since it does charge slower.

While I agree that it may have to do with the different power available, I still don't understand why the designers didn't decide to let users make the decision, instead of forcing them to leave the phone on when charging on 110v. I mean, if the user/owner wants it off, why not allow it? Doesn't make sense to me.

Oh i completely agree, merely saying that might have something to do with it. If users want the phone completely off, they should be allowed to. It may just be an overlooked thing that allows you to turn it off while it's connected to a computer, or it's over looked it makes you turn it back on when plugged into 110v.