Droid battery charge problem

skiahh

Reaction score
If your phone is dying after half a day, I'd say there's something wrong with it!

mazz0310

Reaction score
I had better battery life by just turning the brightness all the way down. But I ended up going back to verizon and exchanging the phone because the battery would loose charge overnight. I got a 44/09 and haven't had a single problem since.

masters

Reaction score
Also if you play Pandora or LastFM even if fully charged, it seems to drain faster than it's charging.. Or it may not be charging at all since once charged it may go to battery..

epkmd

Reaction score
I have had this problem since i got the phone friday. whenever i charge my phone, it charges to 100% then it stops. when it gets to 100% it begins running off the battery.

This means when i plug my phone in at night, it takes about 45 mins at most to get to 100% and then it starts running off the battery again, so i am waking up with a half charged phone in the morning.

I also noticed that when my phone is plugged into the charger, the backlight is always on and i have it set to turn off after 20 or 30 seconds.

I noticed that when i got to settings>about phone>battery status it says the following while plugged in, right after i fully charged it, "While last unplugged for 10s" the 10s doesn't change.

anyone else have this problem? should i just go exchange my phone at the verizon store?
I noticed that when you plug the charger into the phone the plug is loose and if you jiggle it it goes from AC to battery...probably a defective socket on the phone...are they all like this?

bacalao

Reaction score
I don't experience these problems. Although I usually don't leave my phone charging over night, I have a few times and woke up with full charge. I've noticed when I charge the phone to 100%, the charging sign drops but will maintain the charge at 100%. That's usual with phones that have overcharging protection.
Now, if your phone is discharging while connected, that can't be right. Well, if mine is ok, and yours is acting up, you may have to swap it.

epkmd

Reaction score
I find that the charger USB plug fits loosely into the phone's USB jack...I gently compressed the plug a little and it seems to fit tighter making a more secure connection..hopefully allowing the phone to charge more reliably.

detmer14

Reaction score
I have this problem with my Droid 2 Global:

I have the USB charger plugged in and I'm playing Pandora.
First of all, it seems to drain faster than it charges.
After a while, the phone gets quite warm, and it seems that the battery has dropped from about 80% to 15-20%ish immediately.
I think this is either a Pandora issue or an issue of charging while listening to music in general. Haven't tried it with just listening to mp3s.

Sometimes, if I shut down Pandora, the phone will begin charging again.
Sometimes, I have to shut down Pandora, then also unplug the phone for a while, and then plug it back in for it to be able to charge.
Sometimes, it will never increase its charge until I plug it into wall charger.

Anyone else having issues like this anymore?

HarlyFan

Reaction score
Thunderbolt battery seems to be draining quite quickly with very little use

detmer14

Reaction score
Update, I tried today just charging the phone on the laptop without playing Pandora and the same issue happened. So it's not Pandora.

Weird thing is that I used to be able to successfully charge the phone via USB even while listening to Pandora and doing other things.

Seems that phone discharges even faster when connected to USB - took only 2 hours this morning. Wondering if somehow the laptop is using my droid as a battery instead of charging it - meaning the electricity flow is going the opposite direction? Didn't think this was possible. Plus, my laptop is plugged into an outlet, so it shouldn't need battery power.

Very weird.

I want to get a standalone battery charger, and see if I can still charge a sole battery via USB.