Wireless vs. Wired Charging

Marcial1219

Reaction score
I've read that heat is one of the biggest enemies of your phone's battery.

One thing I've noticed when using Samsung wireless charging is that the phone stays warm even after being fully charged. When charging with a wire / cable, I notice that the phone immediately starts to cool off after the charge reaches 100%.

What is the general consensus on this issue? I like the general concept of wireless charging... it's easy to set phone on the stand while sitting at your desk, but I find that even Samsung's Fast Wireless Charging is much slower than using a wire.

I'm not sure that it's even worth using this feature.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
the only time I had a heat problem was one time right after the nougat update with my samsung wireless charging. I have been doing it for years. as far as cooling down faster after charging, I really don't think it makes a difference.

I am not too concerned about speed since I keep the phone on the charger when home. I placed the charger where I was always laying the phone down before wireless.

Just like getting the proper wire/adapter, you need to make sure you have a quality wireless charger.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I have an S6 and I've not experienced this heat issue you speak of. And I've been using the wireless charging on it for about as long as I've had the phone (December 2015).

I have a VZW-branded wireless charging stand that I keep on my nightstand, and I have a Samsung wireless charger on my desk at work. Neither have made my phone overheat, nor have I seen any reduced battery life as a result of wireless charging.