Is wireless charging overrated, or needed?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I guess that's the key. The expense isn't that great if you continue to buy phones with wireless charging moving forward.

Either my Pixel XL is getting a loose charging port or my cable is going bad, but it's been finicky about charging for a while now. Trying to hold out for the Pixel XL 3 to upgrade though. If it has wireless charging like the rumors suggest, maybe I'll finally give it a go.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I guess that's the key. The expense isn't that great if you continue to buy phones with wireless charging moving forward.

Either my Pixel XL is getting a loose charging port or my cable is going bad, but it's been finicky about charging for a while now. Trying to hold out for the Pixel XL 3 to upgrade though. If it has wireless charging like the rumors suggest, maybe I'll finally give it a go.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think you will like it if the rumors are true.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Amazing :)...didn't know about it. Thanks for posting
Welcome to the Forum. . What part did you not know about?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I meant to post here a few weeks ago and kind of forgot about this thread. A while back I dug out my wireless charging stand and have been using it regularly on my work phone; a Droid Turbo 2. I use the wireless charger because as much as I love those phones they were known to have a weak charging port. Wireless charging is convenient, I will say that. It's pretty simple to just plop it on the stand and let it charge. I'm still not convinced that it is "necessary" functionality to have in a phone, but it definitely is convenient and nice to have.