Wireless charging

mghokie7

Reaction score
My incredible 2 is 14 months old, and the phone will no longer charge due to a faulty charging port. The phone still looks brand new, has no damage, but it is out of the 1 year warranty so Verizon won't do anything to help.

I thought the Inc 2 had built in wireless charging capability, but what do I need to buy to wirelessly charge? I am thinking that charging wirelessly would still let me use the phone.

Is this piece needed? Amazon.com: OEM HTC DROID Incredible 2 Wireless Charging Battery Door BRC-550 (Black): Electronics

Krennel

Reaction score
It is a required piece for the wireless charging, the Inc2 doesn't have it built in. I was looking at getting one because I have a wireless charging system for my work Rezound so it would be nice to have it for my day-to-day Inc2. From everything I found it seems to work well for charging. The downside is that the cover is thicker, so finding a case for it would be a little difficult now that it is discontinued.

Also, the part number for that piece on Amazon isn't the same as on Verizon's website. HTC Incredible 2 Wireless Charging Inductive Battery Charger

whitecollar

Reaction score
I have the wireless charging pad and the battery cover for my Droid 4. I love it. I got it in particular because on my previous phone (Samsung captivate) the charging port got loose so that the usb was always falling out of it. With the appropriate battery cover, the charging pad even works with my silicone case on. I had to go to a Verizon store to find the pad because they were sold out online, but bought the battery cover online. It makes a beep when you first put it down, but other than that it's great.

Last edited: