2 questions from a noob

FootballRef

Reaction score
Is there anyway to charge the Droid and keep the power to it turned off? I charged mine last night and when I plugged the cable into it, it powered up.

Secondly - After my phone times out and the screen goes black is the only to way to get the screen viewable again to push the power button?

TIA -

I am loving the Droid and only had it for about 30 hours or so :)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there anyway to charge the Droid and keep the power to it turned off? I charged mine last night and when I plugged the cable into it, it powered up.

Secondly - After my phone times out and the screen goes black is the only to way to get the screen viewable again to push the power button?

TIA -

Welcome to the forum, FootballRef! Glad you found us! This place is full of friendly folks and great information. So just look around and make yourself at home! You'll be amazed how much you can learn by reading the threads here on the forum!

The answers to your questions, are no there is no way to charge the Droid without the phone powering on and and yes the only way to bring it out of sleep mode is to touch the power button UNLESS you use an app to keep it awake. I use MyLock, but the choice is yours as there are many. Here's a great thread on app recommendations:

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps Enjoy!

:welcome:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After I plug it up and it powers on, i push the power sleep button to put it back to sleep.

You can slide up the screen and it will wake it up.

TIA -

I answered you questions in the quote. Hopes this help. I have some more tips in video form check it out. THe first few vids are about rooting, ignore that for now, the next vids are tips/tricks.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/25263-seen-some-questions-here-video-droidmod.html

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses guys. So far I have spent quiet a bit of time on here just reading and hoping to come across some good tips and tricks.

Thanks for the links. I will check them out tomorrow...after some rest and work.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oooooh, I forgot about sliding the keyboard to wake it up. Thanks, pilotcharles! ;)