Trying to Use Squidly but Failing

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Trying to Use Squidly but Failing: Can't "Touch Android to Begin"

I have root,installed the D2 Bootstrap, reboot in to recovery, flash the zip for squigly, flash the v1 of the romer tool,(and i tried flashing the sensor zip to) and then boot to the set up screen where it says tap the android to begin. I can tap the language button, and it works but the android does not work so I have no way to set up the phone. I have tried 5 or 6 times and its always the same result. The info in the Get~R~Done forum says squidly should be compatible, and does not mention anything in regards to version numbers of the rom. Do I need an older version like is the case with Apex?

Last edited:
Tried a different SD card and flash quidly sucessfuly, flashed the proper romer succesfully, boot looped on the first try. Yanked battery. Booted into stock recovery and wipe data/factory reset, and wiped cache partition to. Still no response when i try to tape the android logo. Going to try one more time with the sensor patch this time, although it doesnt sound like it should be an issue, and I guess if this fails I will have to deal with the original Diet Droid rom untill some one can figure out whats wrong.

I really want to run Apex or Squidly as I like to keep my motoblur.

Ok tried squidly again for the millionth time. I give up until some one can help me. I did notice that when it wants me to touch the android to being, the android turns white when i tape it, but does not proceed to the next screen. Is the romer only compatible with an older version of squidly?

EDIT: So I let it sit on the screen forever, and tried some of the bypass methods out there like the droid x method of tapping the 4 corners. Eventually the activation screen disappeared, and now it says "communicating with server" but I have no data connection and cant seem to get this screen to go away. Any ideas?

EDIT2: Ok using voice commands I was bale to access settings. I can not activate wifi though. And have no 3G connection since my phone hasnt been activated. :

Last edited:
I have root,installed the D2 Bootstrap, reboot in to recovery, flash the zip for squigly, flash the v1 of the romer tool,(and i tried flashing the sensor zip to) and then boot to the set up screen where it says tap the android to begin. I can tap the language button, and it works but the android does not work so I have no way to set up the phone. I have tried 5 or 6 times and its always the same result. The info in the Get~R~Done forum says squidly should be compatible, and does not mention anything in regards to version numbers of the rom. Do I need an older version like is the case with Apex?

I know it doesnt really help, but I wouldn't use any from other than stock or maybe Fission. Anything else out there seems to be bug-filled work-arounds.

It works. With regards to the work around and no 3g, can you get to your home screen and the dialer? if you can call *228 and choose option 1. Should work for ya then.

It works. With regards to the work around and no 3g, can you get to your home screen and the dialer? if you can call *228 and choose option 1. Should work for ya then.
Nope I cant access the home screen, but thank you for that tip as there was once or twice where that would have come in handy sooner. :p Any other ideas? I am using liberty and have it set up to my liking. Sure it has no blur, but atleast I can sync it to facebook for contact pics and unlike motoblur I can actually customize the name where as blur contacts over rides the given name with the facebook name.I thik I am pretty content with Liberty but I still wouldnt mind giving Apex or Squidly a test run just to be sure!

I know it doesnt really help, but I wouldn't use any from other than stock or maybe Fission. Anything else out there seems to be bug-filled work-arounds.
I dont know what you base this on but Librety is working great on my D2G.

Did you wipe/factory reset?
Before flashing squidly? Nope, I dont think it was mentioned as being required. Maybe I will give it a try later but pretty content with Librety actually.

If you had a previous version of squidly then you don't have to wipe/factory reset but if you came from another rom you did.

Before flashing squidly? Nope, I dont think it was mentioned as being required. Maybe I will give it a try later but pretty content with Librety actually.

Do your sensors work with Liberty? Did you use the GRD "romer"?

If you had a previous version of squidly then you don't have to wipe/factory reset but if you came from another rom you did.
I was stock at the time.

Do your sensors work with Liberty? Did you use the GRD "romer"?

Nope I flashed the sensor zip just to make sure, so i guess in that regard it is fair to say work around but dont know about bug filled..

Yes I used the romer..kind of have to dont we?

Back