To Droid or not to Droid

compwrench

Reaction score
I am in a position to get a Droid but need to know if it is an mp3 player and if so will it sync to Windows with the Rhapsody/Vcast Program. I have never been able to sync a Motorola phone even after hours on tech support with Verizon and Motorola. I have an ENV Touch and it synced right up but am disappointed in the browser.

monkeydog

Reaction score
You are able to use Motorola Media Link with the droid.
I've been using it and it works great. The best thing I like about it is that it automatically sees your itunes library and playlists, if you use itunes, and allows you to sync as if it is an ipod with itunes.
You can still use it if you don't have itunes, just an added convenience if you already have/had an ipod or whatnot. It also has the same functionality to see your windows media player library and playlists to easily sync.

Spanky

Reaction score
You sure can use it as an MP3 player. All you have to do is use the Motorola Media Link software to manage your photos/music/videos. It's pretty easy to figure out.

I'm not sure if the Droid will sync-up to Rhapsody, but if you have MP3's on your PC, getting them on the Droid is really no big deal.