Droid X mp3's losing Track Number and not syncing Track Length/Duration

diesel45

Reaction score
I've been transferring mp3's from my PC to my Droid X over USB, and the tracks keep losing the Track Number tag, and the Track Length/Duration isn't being set. All mp3 files on the PC have these set appropriately, I verified in MediaMonkey and mp3tag.

I've used MediaMonkey, Windows Media Player and Drag+Drop to sync to the device. I have the 'Windows Media Sync' checked on the device USB connection.

See attached screenshots. Duration shows 00:00:00 on all tracks. Track Number displays before I unplug the device, then disappears after device unplugged from the PC.

I was desperate enough to try the Verizon V CAST Media Manager, but they don't support Windows x64 yet! Got an error when tried to install it on the x64 PC. So can't try that.

Any other sync options I'm missing?

Motorola Droid X - Android 2.1-update1 - Not rooted
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

OP
D

diesel45

Reaction score
I figured out this issue. I was using the 'Windows Media Sync' USB Connection instead of the 'USB Mass Storage' option on the device. Now when i copy over the same albums (after deleting the old ones from the device), they have the Track Nums and Lengths perfectly displayed.